How to pick GCSE options?
2021medic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nardeen_2025)
Pick the subjects (not lessons) u enjoy most!

Remember that 9s in ‘less useful’ subjects are acc more useful than 6s in ‘more useful’ subjects...
Last edited by 2021medic; 4 weeks ago
fluous
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Think about what interests you the most and what you enjoy the most, and maybe what you might want to pursue later in A-levels, a career or Uni (though you don't need to think about this stuff yet, assuming you're only in year 9).

You should also consider subjects you're good at. The best combination would be a subject you're interested in and good at.
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
dont pick what your family want u to pick, dont pick an option just becuase you want to go into that profession in the future, dont pick an option just because everyone else in your family did during gces, pick your options based on wot u enjoy the most
learner38
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Look into the subjects carefully. I chose computer science as I thought it was like ict. Big mistake. So please search up the subjects and what you’ll be doing in the subjects.
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pick your favourite subjects
A_02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pick the subjects you like and see yourself doing well in
A_02
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by learner38)
Look into the subjects carefully. I chose computer science as I thought it was like ict. Big mistake. So please search up the subjects and what you’ll be doing in the subjects.
Same lol. I didn’t get have timetabled lessons, I had to give up two lunchtimes a week with about 10 others for my teacher to just show us sorting algorithms and not even go through any of the actual content.
Last edited by A_02; 4 weeks ago
learner38
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by A_02)
Same lol. I didn’t get have timetabled lessons, I had to give up two lunchtimes a week with about 10 others for my teacher to just show us sorting algorithms and not even go through any of the actual content.
Exactly my teacher basically done the same thing.
Toastant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't listen to others

If someone says geography is easy but you don't like geography DON'T DO IT for example

If someone says history will get you a good job but you don't like history DON'T DO IT

same applies for everything

seriously do what you think you'll enjoy more, living your life for other people is lame

If you enjoy something you'll be good at it
if you don't enjoy something you won't be good at it

and like 2021medic said, pick the SUBJECTS you like not the LESSONS

good luck
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pick subjects that you enjoy and think that you will do well in.
ll ACR ll
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your choice. choose which direction you want to head towards to.
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
pic what you enjoy, pick the options u want, not wot anybody else wants
Hawraa.A
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
dont pick what your family want u to pick, dont pick an option just becuase you want to go into that profession in the future, dont pick an option just because everyone else in your family did during gces, pick your options based on wot u enjoy the most
hahaha bloody possible
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hawraa.A)
hahaha bloody possible
Ik it might seem tough but trust me
Hawraa.A
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
Ik it might seem tough but trust me
look here my options are even worse I mean look at these blocks I can't ****ing choose for the life of me I love french but don't require it because I have already done Arabic I'm in year 9 but am Iraqi so my school let me do it early as a heritage language I want to do pe additional English because I may want to become an English teacher and our teachers choose between triple and trilogy science and I will probs to history because geography isn't my thing my family want me to do business instead of pe cos I'm a girl btw I love footie my school has asked and asked for me to b on the team my father didn't let one day they were going to have to forfeit the match because a girl was off sick so they called my dad and basically forced him to agree I was in goal the first half because I was the best goalie my friend went in goal the second half and I crossed it into the striker who then scored.
Attached files
iamtee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I feel like you should pick something that you enjoy and not something you’re picking because you get good grades in it; it isn’t guaranteed if you will get good grades in it for gcse. If you get good grades in that subject AND enjoy it then pick that.
-erikaka-
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Pick subjects that you're interested in and ones that you like! Please don't be pressured into taking subjects you don't want to do and may not like, do what you want to do!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (369)
32%
No (784)
68%

Watched Threads