driving test Watch

This discussion is closed.
sneezyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i've just failed my practical driving test!
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what did you do?
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't worry lots of people fail. Was it your first time? How many majors/minors?
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i failed thrice , Bu then again im in UAE where the average tries before passing are 4 . Hopefully ill get it next try , stupid traffic cops
sneezyme
Rep:
?
It was my 1st test. I got 1 dangerous, 1 serious and 9 minors! :eek:
I got a dangerous because as soon as I entered this tiny narrow road, this huge van/minibus thing was speeding and coming my way, so I had to slow down, swerve and stop. There were parked cars next to me and although I stopped in time, the examiner didn't think I would, and he used the brake for me because the wing mirrors were verrry close to each other!
Random.Girl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know it's gutting but try to not let it get to you. In the UK on average 4 out of every 10 people that take their driving test will pass, it's even less for people passing first time. You'll get there in the end, your driving instructor wouldn't put you in for it if they didn't think you were ready
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by -Emmz-)
I know it's gutting but try to not let it get to you. In the UK on average 4 out of every 10 people that take their driving test will pass, it's even less for people passing first time. You'll get there in the end, your driving instructor wouldn't put you in for it if they didn't think you were ready
Most people i know book the test themselves, then tell the instructor (well thats what i did). But its just whether you are lucky on the day, as in your lessons you could not be making any mistakes and in the test something might happen, forcing you to make a mistake. It doesnt matter if you fail, but its just the cost of having to re-book the test and more lessons. Plus the cost of a practical is now £42.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
6/7 fail 1st time
Dyakson
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I failed first time, due to a dangerous mistake I nearly made...
XlaurenX
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
awww, i've got my practical next thursday. im terrified as im not a very confident driver as it is! don't get yourself down about it, i don't know a single person who passed first time! you'll do it!
sneezyme
Rep:
?
Thank you guys, I wasn't very confident anyway. Most of you say that most people don't pass 1st time but most peopl I know did pass 1st time! It all depeds on the day and the person I guess! Good luck for next week lauren!-a lot of it does depend on luck!

edit: you live in egham too? do u go to rhul?
alro
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i've failed twice now and have my third one next week. my two best friends passed 1st time which was kinda annoying cos i know i'm as good as them i just go to pieces in the test. i'm going to fail my next one as well cos my car's been out of action for a bit so i haven't had any practise. ohhh
Sanna.M
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
cheers guys you are giving great advie...but kinda getting more nervous especially with the statistics of the pass rate! I've got my test next month and am 100% sure that i'm not ready yet. But because i am thinking from next week to have 1 hour practice every day and beofre the test i will have a week free and to practice my arse off..hopefully that does the trick!
thanks alot for all the help
sanna
xx
ashleybomb2009
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sneezyme)
dont worry i haent passed my pemit yet
Baron
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ashleybomb2009)
dont worry i haent passed my pemit yet
permit???

you foriegn?
Annik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't worry...I failed mine this week too.. We should start a club!!
I blame my examiner..he kept talkin to me and it was really distracting lol
s43
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sneezyme)
Did u pass your thoery 1st time?
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i passed first time, but only because it was at 11am which is the perfect time as the roads were empty.
sneezyme
Rep:
?
(Original post by s43)
Did u pass your thoery 1st time?
Yes I did!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise