How to focus in lockdown lessons?

Watch
RedNot
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm in yr13 and have been completing my schoolwork on time, however it is taking far longer than typically should because I get easily distracted working from home. Has anyone got any tips on how to keep concentrating from home?

ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm really struggling with this as well. I've been trying to work at times I know people aren't too active online, and do it in bursts where I feel productive. I think I've been settling into my own Pomodoro Technique based on how long I can work for before I get too bored to continue with any kind of real utility.
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have to power off my phone and put it the other side of the room to stay focused
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there,

I just thought I'd reach out to you and talk to you about the app Forest. I felt the exact same as you, and this app has really helps me concentrate! It's basically a productivity app, and it grows a virtual tree (for your virtual garden) whilst you're studying. It's really cool!

As well, try working smarter, as opposed to longer. I like to do 25 minute intense revision sessions (no distractions / music) and then have a 5 minute break (and carry on this cycle). It work's for me

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
RedNot
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 minutes ago
(Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep)
Hi there,

I just thought I'd reach out to you and talk to you about the app Forest. I felt the exact same as you, and this app has really helps me concentrate! It's basically a productivity app, and it grows a virtual tree (for your virtual garden) whilst you're studying. It's really cool!

As well, try working smarter, as opposed to longer. I like to do 25 minute intense revision sessions (no distractions / music) and then have a 5 minute break (and carry on this cycle). It work's for me

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
Thanks for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (453)
51.36%
No (429)
48.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise