Mariah23
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m currently applying to a sixth form and in the application it asks me to

give brief details on why I have chosen my subjects and my career aim.

The subjects I have chosen is

History
English Literature
Politics

But I’m so stuck on what to write. All I have written is that they have a linkage which can help towards my law career. I need more in depth answers. Please help
Em395
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
History - it shows societal change and societal pressure, both aspects have a domino effect on law.

Politics - could you say something like you want to explore the different culture and attitudes within society to help you understand why certain legislations are introduced or put forward.

English literature - the books generally chosen have a meaning behind their publication e.g. the handmaid's tale covers a wide range of social issues including patriarchal attidutes and feminatzis as well as environmental issues. You could suggest you want to explore you creative passions through this course. And explore how society is perceived through genres like dystopian horror.
Em395
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could also mention that you are interested in the structure of society - how it was formed, how culture changes and the impact of these changes on other groups. Liberal views etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.16%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.32%
Live streaming events (51)
8.73%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.42%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.29%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.09%