N20
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm going to Teesside for my first year in September, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me about any useful experience or details about the student accommodation.

I'm probably going to apply for a hall with an en suite like Central Halls or King Edwards Square.
Teesside University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there - hopefully some current/previous students will pop up and give you their views on living in our halls, but I just wanted to let you know that we have a 'speak to a student' service at our open days, so if you still have questions in a few weeks you can book on and have a chat with them online there

The next online open day is 27 Feb: https://tees.ac.uk/visitus

Dan
N20
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Teesside University)
Hi there - hopefully some current/previous students will pop up and give you their views on living in our halls, but I just wanted to let you know that we have a 'speak to a student' service at our open days, so if you still have questions in a few weeks you can book on and have a chat with them online there

The next online open day is 27 Feb: https://tees.ac.uk/visitus

Dan
Is there anyway I can get in contact with some students sooner? I've just firmed my choice and will be filling in an application for accommodation soon, and I wanna get it done asap since it works on a first-come-first-served basis
Teesside University Students
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by N20)
Is there anyway I can get in contact with some students sooner? I've just firmed my choice and will be filling in an application for accommodation soon, and I wanna get it done asap since it works on a first-come-first-served basis
Hi, I currently live in Central Halls and I also lived here in 2017/18. My overall experience living here has been amazing; the rooms and en-suite are a perfect size for living alone and the kitchens are sized based on the number of rooms within a flat. From my experience, living in halls has been an amazing way to meet people and make friends that you will spend your entire university experience with. Within Central Halls there are wardens who also live here who can help with any problems if you need; the maintenance team are also really helpful if anything within the apartment breaks, they usually fix it within the hour if they can. I also love how close Central Halls is to the town centre, everything is within walking distance. If there is one piece of advice I would give you is to get onto the Facebook groups when they are officially set up after you accept an accommodation offer (this usually happens during the summer), here you will be able to connect with the people you will be living with before moving in and you can also discuss if you are going to share appliances such as kettles and toasters, this way you don’t have six kettles in the kitchen. I hope this has helped you learn a little more about Central Halls.

Jessica
Teesside University Students
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by N20)
I'm going to Teesside for my first year in September, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me about any useful experience or details about the student accommodation.

I'm probably going to apply for a hall with an en suite like Central Halls or King Edwards Square.
Hi! I am a student at Teesside who lived in King Edwards Square in my 1st year (2018/2019). I had a great experience living there and really couldn't recommend the residence more.

KES was refurbished in 2018 and is made up of terraced houses surrounding a green space. I loved living in a house environment and found the communal kitchen/lounge area, made getting to know my housemates and making friends so much easier. Bedroom and ensuite size vary per house but they all provide everything you could need as a student. It was easy to make the room feel like 'home' and having an ensuite was a bonus for privacy and keeping it clean.

The houses are on-campus and literally a 2-minute walk to the 'campus heart'. They are also really close to town, with a shopping centre and restaurants just down the road which was always ideal.

In KES, washing machine facilities are in a separate house at the end of the terraced row. This requires a card that must be topped up with credit (this can be done online). A similar system is in place within Central Halls. Like Central Halls, there are wardens and a maintenance team who are readily available should you need them. They are easy to contact with everyone always happy to help.

As Jessica recommended, I would definitely consider joining the Facebook group for the residence you end up in. This is something that my housemates and I didn't do, so we ended up with way too many kitchen appliances. Joining this group will also allow you to talk to your housemates before you all move in, making the experience much less daunting.

Regardless of which you choose as your preferred accommodation, both KES and Central Halls have a lot to offer. I would say that the main difference between them is the type of accommodation (house or apartment), so this is something that you would need to consider. I hope this has helped you with your decision!

Georgia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (456)
51.41%
No (431)
48.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed