The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York uni college

I have applied to study criminology at york but I was wondering whats the best college to apply for?
I prefer self-catered and a social college but not really bothered about being on east or west. I have a friend that studies International relations and he recommends goodricke or whatever its called.
Original post by Joelpp2002
I have applied to study criminology at york but I was wondering whats the best college to apply for?
I prefer self-catered and a social college but not really bothered about being on east or west. I have a friend that studies International relations and he recommends goodricke or whatever its called.

Hi @Joelpp2002 :hello:

Thanks for your question and it's great to hear that you've applied to study Criminology at the University of York.

We understand that choosing a college may be a difficult decision. You may want to consider how close to your department you want to be. It is my understanding that the Department of Sociology is based in Wentworth College on Campus West. So perhaps think about whether you want to roll out of bed and be at your lectures or if you would prefer a bit of distance separating your teaching and living. The great thing about Campus West is that most of the accommodation is only a short walk away. However, Campus East has our slightly newer accommodation and this is around a 30 minute walk or there is a free direct bus which links the campuses. You can explore our accommodation, rooms and prices here.

The college is where you'll make your first friends, get involved with activities and events and start your university life so whatever collage you choose you'll hopefully have a great experience.

I hope this helps and do let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Vicki
Student Recruitment Coordinator
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending