Watch
kittyfifi123456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I

(Original post by imlikeahermit)
The risk is that if the current measures were kept in place with full school attendances back, teachers would be more likely to catch Covid, it’s as simple as that. It’s very very easy to look at the ONS report and simply believe that teachers are at no more risk but what that report doesn’t take into account is that for the most part teachers through the measures taken by the government were removed from the high risk situations by smaller class numbers. Once you return that to normal, that risk increases.

Secondly, through media manipulation teachers have been consistently lambasted throughout this pandemic as lazy, workshy, and not willing to fight for the cause, or that their unions are causing the issues within schools. I can tell you first hand that is absolutely not the truth. 60 hour weeks have not been uncommon, and PPE has been non existent.

Lastly, a two parter, having covid is ‘not nice’ is a complete understatement. But then let’s say we take your idea and just isolate all the over 50s in schools. What about if a school has an aged staff overall, so as a result it becomes unviable to keep the school open for safety reasons.

In short, a few weeks while they get vaccinated isn’t going to make a difference, and your view that covid is simply ‘not nice’ is a bit of an insult to teaching staff.
feel like year 11 and 13 will go back first though..
ReviseSleeping
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't get me wrong, I really want to go back as I have my final exam in just over 4 months. But I would rather go back a bit later, but everything is safer. Only because then we don't run the risk of schools/colleges/unis closing again.

My college says everyone should distance, but they don't enforce it - along with many places.
kittyfifi123456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ReviseSleeping)
Don't get me wrong, I really want to go back as I have my final exam in just over 4 months. But I would rather go back a bit later, but everything is safer. Only because then we don't run the risk of schools/colleges/unis closing again.

My college says everyone should distance, but they don't enforce it - along with many places.
no one really follows the rules with the lockdown, they think it's a joke...
I would prefer to go later aswell.
Good luck with your exam!
Love your profile pic revise
ReviseSleeping
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kittyfifi123456)
no one really follows the rules with the lockdown, they think it's a joke...
I would prefer to go later aswell.
Good luck with your exam!
Love your profile pic revise
EXACTLY. The amount of older people who stay indoors, haven't hugged relatives in almost a year and potentially haven't met grandkids/great grandkids. It must break them to watch 'influencers' (to name a group of people who are notorious for breaking the rules) go around and flout the rules - I know it does my Grandparents. If everyone stuck to rules, we wouldn't have this issue - however the Government could've acted quicker and banned travel/enforced hotels on arrival like Australia.
I know that many people aren't engaging with learning at home and that worries me that a lot of people will be behind
Thank you!
Cheers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (77)
11.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.99%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.06%
A uni comparison tool (152)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.5%