S17OTC
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello,

I am looking at applying for a Masters starting in September 2021 whilst also applying to Warwick Graduate Entry Medicine this year for 2022 entry. Can I also still apply for SFE? (I'm currently a 3rd year BSc Biomed student)

Thank you
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by S17OTC)
Hello,

I am looking at applying for a Masters starting in September 2021 whilst also applying to Warwick Graduate Entry Medicine this year for 2022 entry. Can I also still apply for SFE? (I'm currently a 3rd year BSc Biomed student)

Thank you
Hi, you can't receive postgraduate and undergraduate funding at the same time.
Thanks, Isaac
S17OTC
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, you can't receive postgraduate and undergraduate funding at the same time.
Thanks, Isaac
Hello,

Thank you for the speedy response.

So can I apply for the postgraduate loan for my MSc this year for September 2021, and then apply for undergraduate funding (for my Graduate Medicine) in 2022? Would there be any difference in amount compared to the two fundings?

Thank you,
Ollie
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by S17OTC)
Hello,

Thank you for the speedy response.

So can I apply for the postgraduate loan for my MSc this year for September 2021, and then apply for undergraduate funding (for my Graduate Medicine) in 2022? Would there be any difference in amount compared to the two fundings?

Thank you,
Ollie
You're welcome.
As long as your postgraduate course finishes before the GEM course starts.
For the PGL funding you can find out information here http://ow.ly/Ny1s30oSf1Y

For the GEM funding our guidance states:

Year 1 – The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.

Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

Maintenance Funding
Year 1 – The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.

Years 2-4 – The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.

The figures/info in this guidance could change by 2022 as our regulations are updated yearly.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads