can i raise my english a level grade by 2 grades?

Watch
okgci
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
my uni requires an a in english literature, and i have a c currently.
Last edited by okgci; 4 weeks ago
emmelinad
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i'm having the same problem, really worried :/ not worried enough to do anything about it though
AnxiousNobody
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What exam board are you doing?
okgci
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AnxiousNobody)
What exam board are you doing?
ocr
AnxiousNobody
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by okgci)
ocr
Oh god, I already feel sorry for you. Hardest exam board. Unfortunately I don't know about OCR english sorry so I'll just say some general stuff because we're doing different exam boards.
Read the specification and past exaimer reports if you haven't already, they will tell you what they're looking for. As well as successful essays answers. I think something that really bumps up your grade is adding critical interpretations, shows you've done some in-depth reading. And historical context,
Maybe make some essay plans?
To be honest I dont know how to get an A either, my essays constantly get 'B-'. Which is annoying because that's not even a real grade, an in between lol.
Btw I think you can push it up, a C isn't that bad there's obviously potential. I think you can get an a by the end of the year, you got this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (244)
51.15%
No (233)
48.85%

Watched Threads