The Student Room Group

could i go sixth form if..........................help for advice thanks

Hi i really wan go sixth form next year but i am predicted 3s in every subject and i try my best every time i do a mock or exam in school but i get low marks Ik that is low but i try my best to get high grades...... i tend to not revise becuase i dont know but i acc wan go sixth form and pass all my subjects at gcses but i jus feel like giving up becuase whats happening in 2021 for gcses ... i highlly doubt im gonna go sixth form but i acc dont wan go college becuase i have asian parents and they will beat me up lol. also i have no idea what i want to do when im older career wise as i am picking random subjects for sixth form becuase i like bussiness / applied science but dont know what to do? ... mini exams are useless and i think i wont pass any exam becuase i only get 3s and 2s in very year in school and i never get passes and i get embarrassed in school from others who get top marks .....every since bojo said gcses exams were cancelled i was crying sooo much and thought i would just give up becuase my predicted grades are too low and wont even be able to do alevels and rather jus be poor and not survive anymore.....pls help with anything like advice or tips on revising to get high grades as i really wanna be successful and acheive high grades thanks xxxx
just put in the work.
what do you do to revise? maybe ur revision techniques aren't effective.
Reply 3
ohh urmm i write info from cgp textbook on paper and read it but i could use flashcards and just memorize it from there maybe ?
Reply 4
Original post by vix.xvi
just put in the work.

yh ok thankss common sense ygm lol
Original post by casiee__xo
Hi i really wan go sixth form next year but i am predicted 3s in every subject and i try my best every time i do a mock or exam in school but i get low marks Ik that is low but i try my best to get high grades...... i tend to not revise becuase i dont know but i acc wan go sixth form and pass all my subjects at gcses but i jus feel like giving up becuase whats happening in 2021 for gcses ... i highlly doubt im gonna go sixth form but i acc dont wan go college becuase i have asian parents and they will beat me up lol. also i have no idea what i want to do when im older career wise as i am picking random subjects for sixth form becuase i like bussiness / applied science but dont know what to do? ... mini exams are useless and i think i wont pass any exam becuase i only get 3s and 2s in very year in school and i never get passes and i get embarrassed in school from others who get top marks .....every since bojo said gcses exams were cancelled i was crying sooo much and thought i would just give up becuase my predicted grades are too low and wont even be able to do alevels and rather jus be poor and not survive anymore.....pls help with anything like advice or tips on revising to get high grades as i really wanna be successful and acheive high grades thanks xxxx

Hey! Im actually in year 11 and have got accepted into a couple sixth forms. If your predicted 3s I'd suggests aiming towards btecs for now only because most A level subjects require you to have 6. Well depending on what sixth form your going to. Some will require 4s , jus check your sixth forms requirements. Also I'd suggest attending ALL your live lessons and making sure your participating in the lesson. When the teacher asks a question even if you dont know the answer try! Or even quickly search it up on google and write in the answer. This will provide your teachers with evidence that you are starting to put in the work and attending your lessons so they might push up your grade 3 to a 4 hopefully, I'd also say don't worry too much about the subjects you want to pick. If you do end up getting grades 5/6s at GCSE (you never know) you can easily change your sixth form subjects and pick A levels instead. I'm arab so I know exactly what you mean when you say your parents will beat you. But try showing them your putting in the work. I'm not saying revise your head off ( Cuz i dont lol) but I'd say here and there try and consolidate the work you learn in lessons and make sure you understand everything your getting taught.

Good luck! With revision my advice would be don't revise properly yet. I know it sounds dumb, but I really doubt we are going back to school. I'd say just make sure you attend lessons and show your teachers that YOU do care!
ohh urmm i write info from cgp textbook on paper and read it but i could use flashcards and just memorize it from there maybe ?

flashcards are most useful for science, i think, but you can use them for other subjects too. for maths do exam questions, there should be some in your textbook, these are really useful and just repeat lots of past papers. i don't really have any clear tips for english, i think looking at mark schemes is useful personally. try seeing if you can use websites like quizlet, seneca or mathswatch but the best way for me is to just do lots and lots of past papers and exam questions.
Reply 7
Original post by dianna3007
flashcards are most useful for science, i think, but you can use them for other subjects too. for maths do exam questions, there should be some in your textbook, these are really useful and just repeat lots of past papers. i don't really have any clear tips for english, i think looking at mark schemes is useful personally. try seeing if you can use websites like quizlet, seneca or mathswatch but the best way for me is to just do lots and lots of past papers and exam questions.

awwww thanks very much ill try theses tips to see how it goes x
Reply 8
Original post by StarNight1234
Hey! Im actually in year 11 and have got accepted into a couple sixth forms. If your predicted 3s I'd suggests aiming towards btecs for now only because most A level subjects require you to have 6. Well depending on what sixth form your going to. Some will require 4s , jus check your sixth forms requirements. Also I'd suggest attending ALL your live lessons and making sure your participating in the lesson. When the teacher asks a question even if you dont know the answer try! Or even quickly search it up on google and write in the answer. This will provide your teachers with evidence that you are starting to put in the work and attending your lessons so they might push up your grade 3 to a 4 hopefully, I'd also say don't worry too much about the subjects you want to pick. If you do end up getting grades 5/6s at GCSE (you never know) you can easily change your sixth form subjects and pick A levels instead. I'm arab so I know exactly what you mean when you say your parents will beat you. But try showing them your putting in the work. I'm not saying revise your head off ( Cuz i dont lol) but I'd say here and there try and consolidate the work you learn in lessons and make sure you understand everything your getting taught.
but do you have any revision
Good luck! With revision my advice would be don't revise properly yet. I know it sounds dumb, but I really doubt we are going back to school. I'd say just make sure you attend lessons and show your teachers that YOU do care!

ahhh hiii yhh thankssi have been urmm going on live lessons and asking questions and stuff like that but u have write a wholesome book lol im muslim lol and you know brown parents beat me up when if i fail my gcses im scared but thanks for advice ill try it out thanks . any revision tips?
ahhh hiii yhh thankssi have been urmm going on live lessons and asking questions and stuff like that but u have write a wholesome book lol im muslim lol and you know brown parents beat me up when if i fail my gcses im scared but thanks for advice ill try it out thanks . any revision tips?

I'm Muslim too loll dw I get you. For revision tips I'm not the best my grades average at around 6/7s and a couple 8s and 9s. For maths I am at a grade 8 and I'd say the best way to revise it is practice questions. Yes I know everyone says that but seriously go onto maths genie and corbettmaths and do ALL the practice questions for that specific topic. English I never really revise I got a 6 in my language mock. But some of my friends got 8s and 9s and they told me to do practice questions. Go on past papers for english and practice doing one of the long questions. Then email your teachers and ask them to mark it. Doing this will show them your dedicated and have started putting in the work and if you get a good mark they could potentially use that as some sort of evidence for you GCSE grade.

Sorry its quite long lol i talk alot. Oo you said you want to do applied science, Im going to do physics and Id say the way I revise for science is writing flash cards. Not the fancy caligraphy ones just normal flash cards and also questions on one side to test yourself. I don't revise much for science again it's a subject I don't enjoy much but I'm at a grade 6 which is what I need to get into sixth form for physics.

If you need help with anything just lmk!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending