My mom Told me I was to stay a virgin until marriage...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
y mom Told me I was to stay a virgin until marriage, and that I have to marry a man who is ALSO a virgin because I wouldn't want to marry a man who has slept with other women and will respect me. She says that if I don't obey her I will be known as a slut. What do I do?
Hdisososb
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
y mom Told me I was to stay a virgin until marriage, and that I have to marry a man who is ALSO a virgin because I wouldn't want to marry a man who has slept with other women and will respect me. She says that if I don't obey her I will be known as a slut. What do I do?
Do what u want really.ur just gonna have to be descrete about. it im a teenager and im guessing u are too,you arr pretty much wanting to go out and do stuff it really doesnt make u a slut unless ur body account becomes 50 then ur fine lol
username5457326
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
its your life
your mom shouldn't tell you what you can or can't do
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
By any chance are you religious?

Tbh it’s very hard to find virgin guys depending what your age is
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Some religious groups take virginity seriously. So if you are part of one of those religious groups then she may have a point.

Live your life and make your choices but remember choices have consequences.
Roman M
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What she doesn't know won't hurt her
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
With all due respect, your mother does not control your life and you shouldn't let her. It's okay to have different views. Firstly, if you want to have sex before marriage then go for it. It's fine and normal in today's world. Secondly, unless you tell her, your mother will never know you've had sex. There is no reason for her to know the details of your sex life as it is something private to you.
iwriteletters
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you don't see yourself as happy staying a virgin until marriage, then you don't have to. Sex can be fun, and it doesn't have to wait if you don't want it to. Your parents don't always know what's right/best or you, so you don't have to do what she said.

Just make sure you are comfortable with whatever sexual act you decide to do, consent is important. I'm not staying a virgin until marriage (but I am currently one), a lot of my friends have had sex and are very open about it, we all are! We masturbate, and we talk about sex. It's normal. I go to them for advice, and they answer my questions with honesty. I don't think of them as sluts, I refuse to let myself think of any woman as one, as being sexually active/open does not mean you're a slut. It just means you enjoy pleasure, everybody does and there is no shame in it!!

If you want to have sex, have sex when you're ready! If you never want to have sex, you don't have to! It's all up to you, and what you're comfortable with! It is not your parents choice what you do with your body!

I hope this makes you feel better, and if you have any questions message me! I'd be really happy to answer anything.
username5173262
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by iwriteletters)
If you don't see yourself as happy staying a virgin until marriage, then you don't have to. Sex can be fun, and it doesn't have to wait if you don't want it to. Your parents don't always know what's right/best or you, so you don't have to do what she said.

Just make sure you are comfortable with whatever sexual act you decide to do, consent is important. I'm not staying a virgin until marriage (but I am currently one), a lot of my friends have had sex and are very open about it, we all are! We masturbate, and we talk about sex. It's normal. I go to them for advice, and they answer my questions with honesty. I don't think of them as sluts, I refuse to let myself think of any woman as one, as being sexually active/open does not mean you're a slut. It just means you enjoy pleasure, everybody does and there is no shame in it!!

If you want to have sex, have sex when you're ready! If you never want to have sex, you don't have to! It's all up to you, and what you're comfortable with! It is not your parents choice what you do with your body!

I hope this makes you feel better, and if you have any questions message me! I'd be really happy to answer anything.
You masturbate and talk sex with your friends??
iwriteletters
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
Yeah! You don't talk about sex with your friends? We don't masturbate together, but we talk about sex and things we like and don't like. We're all very open people.
username5173262
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by iwriteletters)
Yeah! You don't talk about sex with your friends? We don't masturbate together, but we talk about sex and things we like and don't like. We're all very open people.
I wouldn't if my friend was a virgin no, wouldn't make any sense. And good to hear you don't masturbate with your friends :yep:
Ram Ranch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think she means together at the same time you weirdo :rofl:
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't if my friend was a virgin no, wouldn't make any sense. And good to hear you don't masturbate with your friends :yep:
Virgins can talk about sex, there's a lot to learn so talking to your friend that's a virgin can help them a lot! I'm a virgin (not sure if I mentioned), but I have knowledge about sex and don't mind talking about it. Experience isn't everything.

Some people masturbate with their friends, some people exchange photos with their friends, some people have sex with their friends. I've done things with my friends and we've shared photos. Nothing to be ashamed of
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (12)
6.28%
Uncertainty around my education (21)
10.99%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (21)
10.99%
Lack of purpose or motivation (29)
15.18%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (12)
6.28%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (7)
3.66%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (16)
8.38%
Financial worries (10)
5.24%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (6)
3.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (14)
7.33%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
3.14%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (23)
12.04%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (14)
7.33%

Watched Threads