Paying for UCAS application - tried too many times and now having problems applying

Watch
bysshe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I know that makes me sound like an idiot who can't fill in credit card details correctly, but to be fair, that only happened once, on the final time I tried to submit my payment - for four times before that, every time I filled in the credit card details and pressed submit it said there was a "technical error", which I assume had something to do with the website...

Anyway, it's now saying that I've tried too many times and that I have to call a number (which I'm doing tomorrow) or send an email (which I've already done, just to cover both options). I'm not expecting anyone to tell me how to fix it, I was just wondering if

a) This has happened with anyone else

and

b) What usually happens if you mess up with the payment

Anyone?
silk192
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if it said there was a technical problem, why did you keep entering your card details?
bysshe
Rep:
?
(Original post by silk192)
if it said there was a technical problem, why did you keep entering your card details?
I waited for a bit, then tried again, then waited a bit, then tried again...I don't know, maybe it was a stupid thing to do, but I assumed they'd have it fixed within a hour or something. I didn't try several times in the space of fifteen minutes, if that's what you mean!
alexa123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have posted about this furthur down this section,
Dont worry i did the same as you and it is their systems fault according to someone from UCAS who kindly posted on here informing me. Just call up UCAS tomorrow on that number and they should be able to help- well i hope they can because i shall be calling them too!
fruitshoop
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Dont worry, I did the same, was desperate to get it sent before I went to work!I rang up UCAS who told me if you try too many times it will stop you entering your card details.Ring them and they will give you another 5 attempts, if it happens again they will find another way for you to pay. I tried again about 10 mins ago and it went through, so you should be ok. Think the system got overloaded with those of us who got paid yesterday trying to send our applications off!!
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I called up UCAS a moment ago, the lady was very helpful and reset it for me and waited while i entered my details to check it was working okay- i felt like i was being very slow!

so yaay i have finally applied

good luck everyone x
bysshe
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexa123)
I called up UCAS a moment ago, the lady was very helpful and reset it for me and waited while i entered my details to check it was working okay- i felt like i was being very slow!

so yaay i have finally applied

good luck everyone x
Yeah, mine's sorted out now, after a phone call...phew.

(And I'm glad I'm not the only person to have messed things up - not that I'm wishing anything horrible on anyone, but you know. Anyway, good luck with your application!)
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh dw im glad it wasnt just me either, i felt so stupid when it happened!

x
fruitshoop
Report 11 years ago
Me too, its nice to know your not alone in making a mistake! Good luck with your applications! x
Littles
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by bysshe)
I know that makes me sound like an idiot who can't fill in credit card details correctly, but to be fair, that only happened once, on the final time I tried to submit my payment - for four times before that, every time I filled in the credit card details and pressed submit it said there was a "technical error", which I assume had something to do with the website...

Anyway, it's now saying that I've tried too many times and that I have to call a number (which I'm doing tomorrow) or send an email (which I've already done, just to cover both options). I'm not expecting anyone to tell me how to fix it, I was just wondering if

a) This has happened with anyone else

and

b) What usually happens if you mess up with the payment

Anyone?
It happened to me today. Two months after the OP but just as frustrated. :mad: how did you get around it?
bysshe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Littles)
It happened to me today. Two months after the OP but just as frustrated. :mad: how did you get around it?
Called UCAS and they sorted it out. It's not too much of a hassle, thankfully.
Aerogate8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is a really really stupid thing that the system does. I got the code wrong the first time but right the second. No problem , the payment went through. But for some reason it was only £1. So thinking that was a test and I had to pay again , I then clicked to pay again. And it immediately came back saying I'd tried to pay too many times and had to phone for help !!! How stupid. Please UCAS cam you sort this exasperating error out and it will also stop you wasting your own time answering silly calls that should not need it be made !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads