ethanday
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
hi, I'm currently in my final year of A-levels and have applied to (and received offers from):
Pharmacy
pharmaceutical sciences
medicinal chemistry
I am finding it difficult to settle on which course i should choose. My dream career is in drug research and development but I'm not sure which of these course would best qualify me to succeed in this area. A degree in pharmacy seems like it would be well accredited and desirable but I'm not too bothered with the community pharmacy and customer service aspect .
if anyone has any insight could you let me know , thanks.
sdfgrthjuk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
personally i would study poo
ethanday
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by sdfgrthjuk)
personally i would study poo
belter lad
sdfgrthjuk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ethanday)
hi, I'm currently in my final year of A-levels and have applied to (and received offers from):
Pharmacy
pharmaceutical sciences
medicinal chemistry
I am finding it difficult to settle on which course i should choose. My dream career is in drug research and development but I'm not sure which of these course would best qualify me to succeed in this area. A degree in pharmacy seems like it would be well accredited and desirable but I'm not too bothered with the community pharmacy and customer service aspect .
if anyone has any insight could you let me know , thanks.
Medicinal chemistry can be considered a narrower field ( lower demand im assuming) than pharmaceutical chemistry because its focal point is the chemistry of drugs, from new medicines to illicit substances. Pharmaceutical chemistry, on the other hand, studies drugs and drug discovery, and it covers the process of taking drugs to market. Courses in pharmacology will focus on physiology and the inner workings of the body to explore how the drugs that you learn about interact with it. On the other hand, pharmaceutical science will have a more overt focus on the design and development of drugs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (166)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (498)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (379)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (473)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (164)
4.83%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (208)
6.13%
Loneliness (288)
8.49%
Financial worries (122)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (186)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (302)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.28%

Watched Threads