To Find Harmony Amongst Discordance: MidnightSymphony's 2021 Wellbeing Blog

Watch this thread
Chemusen
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Why, good evening (or morning, or afternoon- look, just hello) and welcome to what I hope will be a path to a little happiness and calm via blog.

A few of you may recognise my name from elsewhere and be thinking "wait, this guy already has a blog- a GYG blog". While I do have that, I find it something of a...clinical space? Like, I can open up on there, yeah, but it is first and foremost a study tracker- I write updates when I have something academic to say and anything else often gets forgotten by the time I've written up my latest academic developments. Hence, this; I want a space away from that, which is primarily aimed at wellbeing, because...oh damn could that do with some sorting out. I've become incredibly unfit, I don't eat healthily because I fall back on comfort food too much, I've been on mental health meds for 6 months and I don't know how much if at all I've really improved...I could go on, but that might be for later.

I...don't really know what my goals are. I'm very anxious for the whole year ahead, really. I want to work on my wellbeing because I have tried. And tried. ...aaaaand tried. And I'm sick to death of trying to get myself better and just collapsing back down into myself. I don't wanna be the person who's like "I want to work on everything" but equally, I feel as if I need to work on everything and don't know where to start. I've traditionally been the type of person who really struggles to take things one day at a time and tries to do everything at once, but as the pandemic has changed that mindset a little, what better time than the present to begin, I guess? But also on the pandemic note I'm hoping that as things improve, this will help me get back to being a normal person in average world, because I can't see me ridding myself of the level of anxiety I've felt over the pandemic this past year, and if anything as restrictions slacken that will worsen.

So, despite not knowing where to begin, let's get into this! Thanks to all reading, hope you come along for the ride!
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MidnightSymphony)
Why, good evening (or morning, or afternoon- look, just hello) and welcome to what I hope will be a path to a little happiness and calm via blog.

A few of you may recognise my name from elsewhere and be thinking "wait, this guy already has a blog- a GYG blog". While I do have that, I find it something of a...clinical space? Like, I can open up on there, yeah, but it is first and foremost a study tracker- I write updates when I have something academic to say and anything else often gets forgotten by the time I've written up my latest academic developments. Hence, this; I want a space away from that, which is primarily aimed at wellbeing, because...oh damn could that do with some sorting out. I've become incredibly unfit, I don't eat healthily because I fall back on comfort food too much, I've been on mental health meds for 6 months and I don't know how much if at all I've really improved...I could go on, but that might be for later.

I...don't really know what my goals are. I'm very anxious for the whole year ahead, really. I want to work on my wellbeing because I have tried. And tried. ...aaaaand tried. And I'm sick to death of trying to get myself better and just collapsing back down into myself. I don't wanna be the person who's like "I want to work on everything" but equally, I feel as if I need to work on everything and don't know where to start. I've traditionally been the type of person who really struggles to take things one day at a time and tries to do everything at once, but as the pandemic has changed that mindset a little, what better time than the present to begin, I guess? But also on the pandemic note I'm hoping that as things improve, this will help me get back to being a normal person in average world, because I can't see me ridding myself of the level of anxiety I've felt over the pandemic this past year, and if anything as restrictions slacken that will worsen.

So, despite not knowing where to begin, let's get into this! Thanks to all reading, hope you come along for the ride!
Good luck! Have you heard of something called a "ta-daa" list? It's basically the opposite of a "to-do" list, where instead of writing down things you need/want to do, you write down the things you've achieved. Can be quite good because instead of seeing everything you haven't done, you see the things you've achieved. Can work wonders for positivity
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Chemusen)
x
How is your wellness journey going? I hope you've been finding happiness and feelings of calm :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.78%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.45%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
9.92%

Watched Threads