hillarious_cow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hey guys,

I am a first year medical student at Glasgow Uni and was wondering if you guys have any questions for me about the course before you guys make any decisions. If so drop them down below and I will try and help out.
fmb003
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by hillarious_cow)
Hey guys,

I am a first year medical student at Glasgow Uni and was wondering if you guys have any questions for me about the course before you guys make any decisions. If so drop them down below and I will try and help out.
Could you give us some pros AND cons about both the course and the city please? I’m trying to get a well-rounded view of Glasgow and the uni before making my decision. Thank you🙏🏻🙏🏻
hillarious_cow
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by fmb003)
Could you give us some pros AND cons about both the course and the city please? I’m trying to get a well-rounded view of Glasgow and the uni before making my decision. Thank you🙏🏻🙏🏻
PRO's

Cheap city to live in
There is a variety of teaching styles which all complement each other
Full body dissections
Amazing lecturers that are top of their field
PBL is a great way to learn
The west end is a beautiful place to live

CON's

Course is more difficult online due to the pandemic
Other medical schools have offered some face to face teaching
Accommodation is a little bit run down
Library is not open for 24 hours
fmb003
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by hillarious_cow)
PRO's

Cheap city to live in
There is a variety of teaching styles which all complement each other
Full body dissections
Amazing lecturers that are top of their field
PBL is a great way to learn
The west end is a beautiful place to live

CON's

Course is more difficult online due to the pandemic
Other medical schools have offered some face to face teaching
Accommodation is a little bit run down
Library is not open for 24 hours
Thank you so much!! So does UofG offer any face-to-face teaching for medicine during the pandemic? Also I was under the impression that the library that is exclusive to medical school students was open 24 hrs a day, correct me if I’m wrong ?
Last edited by fmb003; 4 days ago
hillarious_cow
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by fmb003)
Thank you so much!! So does UofG offer any face-to-face teaching for medicine during the pandemic? Also I was under the impression that the library that is exclusive to medical school students was open 24 hrs a day, correct me if I’m wrong ?
Normally the medical library would be open 24/7 but due to the pandemic there is no face to face teaching for this year and the library is only open from 7 am-6 pm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (346)
52.11%
No (318)
47.89%

Watched Threads