Omair1201
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Trigonometric123)
Yes that’s literally what I was thinking as well and I am in a very similar position to you!! Hope to see you in the near future!!
(Original post by Tiel2003)
Hey! Thanks for replying. Yeah that's reassuring. Yeah there are massive benefits to staying at home, but there are some drawbacks, however like you said this year will hopefully be better than last! Maybe see you there!
hope to see you both there (if you do decide to firm ).
antonysummers
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, just wondering if anybody knows the actual start date at Glasgow? UCAS shows 1st Sep??
bananas44
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by antonysummers)
Hi, just wondering if anybody knows the actual start date at Glasgow? UCAS shows 1st Sep??
I think they have planned for it to be the 13th of September:
https://www.gla.ac.uk/media/Media_714916_smxx.pdf
HARafique
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey everyone,

I'm a RUK grad and I've firmed Glasgow for September. Looking forward to meeting lots of you
TH2017
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi😊I’m currently undecided between Glasgow and Dundee and was wondering everyone’s reasons for choosing Glasgow? I’ve heard Dundee has better early clinical teaching which I definitely would want but I’m not sure how Glasgow compares on this aspect?
M.J.Neeshwaz10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TH2017)
Hi😊I’m currently undecided between Glasgow and Dundee and was wondering everyone’s reasons for choosing Glasgow? I’ve heard Dundee has better early clinical teaching which I definitely would want but I’m not sure how Glasgow compares on this aspect?
Hello! I'm in a similar position to you - trying to pick between Dundee and Glasgow. Not sure about how early clinical teaching compares although I would imagine Dundee has slightly more clinical teaching given that it is an integrated course and Glasgow is PBL focused. However I have booked myself in for some offer holder evenings so hopefully they will give me more info to share.
AgnosticHaruspex
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by M.J.Neeshwaz10)
...I would imagine Dundee has slightly more clinical teaching given that it is an integrated course and Glasgow is PBL focused.
The two are not mutually exclusive.
TH2017
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by M.J.Neeshwaz10)
Hello! I'm in a similar position to you - trying to pick between Dundee and Glasgow. Not sure about how early clinical teaching compares although I would imagine Dundee has slightly more clinical teaching given that it is an integrated course and Glasgow is PBL focused. However I have booked myself in for some offer holder evenings so hopefully they will give me more info to share.
I’m finding it so hard because Glasgow doesn’t seem to have any photos or videos of the medical school building etc whereas Dundee has loads! And I really like the look of Dundee on them but obviously have nothing to compare it to atm😂
AgnosticHaruspex
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TH2017)
I’m finding it so hard because Glasgow doesn’t seem to have any photos or videos of the medical school building etc whereas Dundee has loads! And I really like the look of Dundee on them but obviously have nothing to compare it to atm😂
It’s quite nice. You walk in past a reception/security desk and lifts into a large bright atrium with a glass ceiling. There’s three floors (I think) each floor with exposed balconies that can be seen from the atrium. There’s a self contained 24 hour library, a cafe and seating area, a range of PBL rooms, a lecture theatre and some CAL labs. There’s also a clinical skills suite on the top floor.

Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong!
MackenzieBrown
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'll be starting at Glasgow in September of this year so looking forward to seeing you all there!
Jessicaaahhhh
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
have you guys booked your accommodations yet?
Weskerwtn
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m an international grad applicant from Hong Kong, and just firmed Glasgow. Looking forward to see you all in Sep😁
Trigonometric123
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey! Are people who are local and live in Glasgow moving out or just going to commute to uni! I want to stay at home because it obv cheaper but all of my friends are moving out and I feel like I won’t be able to progress with my life!
Tiel2003
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey! Are people who are local and live in Glasgow moving out or just going to commute to uni! I want to stay at home because it obv cheaper but all of my friends are moving out and I feel like I won’t be able to progress with my life!
Hi, I have the exact same feeling!! I haven’t firmed Glasgow, and I’m still undecided, but that’s the one thing that’s deterring me. I would be living at home! I really want to know people’s experiences of living at home because I’m worried I won’t meet as many people.
MackenzieBrown
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I live in Edinburgh and will be travelling through for Medicine this year as a graduate. I also lived at home during my first degree in Edinburgh and I found that this didn't hamper my experience at all! I made lots of friends and managed to go on the majority of nights out too
grace1705
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
hello! where would y’all be staying? i’m deciding between uni dorms (queen margaret in particular) and private student accommodation (clifton house). does anyone know anything about these places or if it is more beneficial to stay in uni dorms over private accommodation? i heard it’s easier to make friends there but i’m not sure as i’m an international student and i’ve never been there before! or if you’ve heard anything about clifton house and the culture there like the social life etc and if there are other first year medical students staying there? thank you
lastlullabyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I have a flat in Glasgow where I live with my husband and two dogs. Will just be obviously staying there when I start next year
AgnosticHaruspex
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Will be living in Partick for the duration of the course!
Fr31770Ma
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I will be starting medicine this year as a graduate was thinking of booking private student accommodation to get a studio at least for the first year to get settled and make friends !

(Original post by grace1705)
hello! where would y’all be staying? i’m deciding between uni dorms (queen margaret in particular) and private student accommodation (clifton house). does anyone know anything about these places or if it is more beneficial to stay in uni dorms over private accommodation? i heard it’s easier to make friends there but i’m not sure as i’m an international student and i’ve never been there before! or if you’ve heard anything about clifton house and the culture there like the social life etc and if there are other first year medical students staying there? thank you
John_9_7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I'm a graduate starting Medicine at Glasgow in Sept 2021. I look forward to meeting you all!

*Many other grads here?
Last edited by John_9_7; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (189)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (551)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (420)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (516)
13.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (223)
5.94%
Loneliness (315)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (335)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (352)
9.38%

Watched Threads