The Student Room Group

psychology

How important is it to be aware that you are learning something? Try to explain your answer by referring to psychological theories of learning. I have to write 500 words on this using behaviourism theories. Does anybody know examples or suggest things i could talk about!? its baffled me haha
Thankyou
Original post by sophii1994
How important is it to be aware that you are learning something? Try to explain your answer by referring to psychological theories of learning. I have to write 500 words on this using behaviourism theories. Does anybody know examples or suggest things i could talk about!? its baffled me haha
Thankyou

You could look into positive reinforcement given to students by teachers. This would make the students aware that they are learning something and doing well, after which they receive positive reinforcement which is a form of operant conditioning. You could start by briefly explaining operant conditioning (associated with Skinner) and then apply it to learning in the classroom.
Reply 2
Original post by Daniekie
You could look into positive reinforcement given to students by teachers. This would make the students aware that they are learning something and doing well, after which they receive positive reinforcement which is a form of operant conditioning. You could start by briefly explaining operant conditioning (associated with Skinner) and then apply it to learning in the classroom.

Thankyou for your reply. It just asks why is it important your aware... of what your learning it’s just that bit that’s confusing very helpful though Thank you very much xxx
Original post by sophii1994
Thankyou for your reply. It just asks why is it important your aware... of what your learning it’s just that bit that’s confusing very helpful though Thank you very much xxx

I feel like it's important to be aware what you're learning because according to Skinner's operant conditioning, the positive reinforcement allows for people to be motivated as a result if that makes sense. Google it if you're not sure, or just search for: behaviourism and learning. Hopefully when you google that you'll find more! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Daniekie
I feel like it's important to be aware what you're learning because according to Skinner's operant conditioning, the positive reinforcement allows for people to be motivated as a result if that makes sense. Google it if you're not sure, or just search for: behaviourism and learning. Hopefully when you google that you'll find more! :smile:

Oh yes I see where your coming from Thankyou very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending