Rohan007best
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Can someone help me answer this please
Case Study: Passion for Fashion

Jamie Blair, from Fife in Scotland, started his entrepreneurial career very early; as a teenager he was to be found selling his old toys and books outside his house to other children on his estate. When he left school, he couldn’t find work and started dreaming of running his own fashion business. With help and support from family, friends, and also The Prince’s Trust, he launched a business featuring his own designs, Passion for Fashion, with very distinctive styles of t-shirts and jewellery.

Jamie’s primary aim is to produce individual and stylish goods, which are differentiated from the products found in mass-market fashion stores. Quality is therefore important and a key business objective is to produce unique, high quality designs which distinguish the Passion for Fashion brand from the competition. Passion for Fashion products are made in Scotland, rather than in cheaper manufacturing facilities in Asia and the Far East and as such are aimed at the middle price range in this competitive market as currently. They sell online throughout the UK and Europe and one year ago, as the recognition of the brand grew, they also began to sell further afield in the US, Canada and Australia.

With such expansion, Jamie has had to expand his production facility, which has been expensive. To fund this, he has taken out a large bank loan. He also recognises that the business is now too big for him to manage alone, and he has recruited a production manager which will enable him to focus on the unique designs of the products. The new Production Manager, Sarah Gordon, has experience of running textiles manufacturing operations in the UK and also in Hong Kong, where she worked for five years. Sarah’s first move has been to introduce a system of quality assurance in the factory; however she and Jamie have been rather surprised by the resistance that the staff have shown to this change.

2. To what extent do you agree with Jamie’s view that Passion for Fashion’s competitiveness depends on the quality of the design of its clothes? (16 marks)
NyagzB Stats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey Rohan, I can help you in answering the questions. By when do you need them, kindly
Rohan007best
Rep:
?
(Original post by NyagzB Stats)
Hey Rohan, I can help you in answering the questions. By when do you need them, kindly
by today if possible please
NyagzB Stats
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yeah, sure
Rohan007best
Rep:
?
Yeah, sure
what would i write
NyagzB Stats
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I completely agree with his view. Competitiveness in the company will increase it's reputation on a global scale. With quality assurance, customers will have confidence in the products (clothes) hence better reputation. Passion will also make significant spontaneous improvement . It is after considering a huge preference of it's clothes by customers due to high quality.
Rohan007best
Rep:
?
I completely agree with his view. Competitiveness in the company will increase it's reputation on a global scale. With quality assurance, customers will have confidence in the products (clothes) hence better reputation. Passion will also make significant spontaneous improvement . It is after considering a huge preference of it's clothes by customers due to high quality.
could u please tell me wht else to talk about for the full 16 thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.21%
No I am happy with my choice (116)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.69%

Watched Threads