Edinburgh Postgraduate Application Thread 2021

Watch
Brookej0hnson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are any international applicants still waiting :/ I submitted my app months ago and it still hasn't even been looked at.
TreasurePlanet
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Brookej0hnson)
Are any international applicants still waiting :/ I submitted my app months ago and it still hasn't even been looked at.
I submitted my application late January and received an offer two days ago. Hopefully you’ll receive one soon as well!
laithalzyoud
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Same here :/ I’ve been waiting since late December and didn’t receive anything yet.
daproteau
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Applied in early Dec, have been in "being processed" status since Christmas. I've emailed 3 times, no response.
sarahmd765
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yeah i am an International student and i am still waiting. I applied in January and then in Feb was when I saw my portal switch to "being processed" since then.. i hope we find out soon
Last edited by sarahmd765; 3 weeks ago
username5694681
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How did you define the international applicant? International student studying undergrad in the UK, or student studying outside of the UK?
In the first case, my friend got offer this Wednesday, after 2 weeks of the application. Maybe Edinburgh is taking more time to check the international qualification?
vids28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi. I have been waitlisted at Edinburgh dental institute. The program only accepts 2 applicants per year.
I wanted to know if it is okay for me to mail them asking about the number of applicants on waitlist and where i stand?
Its been 1 month since the interview and 2 weeks since I received the waitlist mail.
Stressedpg13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am an international student in the US and applied to the Sociology and Global Change MSc program in early February. It has not been looked at yet so I'm just waiting as well. Hopefully we all hear back soon.
J'zargo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Applied for MSc Data Science and still waiting to hear back.

Already have an unconditional offer from Bristol which expires on the 6th April so really hoping I hear back from Edinburgh soon so I can either weigh up my options or confirm Bristol if I get a rejection from Edinburgh
Brookej0hnson
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Stressedpg13)
I am an international student in the US and applied to the Sociology and Global Change MSc program in early February. It has not been looked at yet so I'm just waiting as well. Hopefully we all hear back soon.
Thanks so much for your reply! I am also from the US (California) and applied to the Sociology and Global Change MSc!! Makes me feel better than I'm not the only one in this situation! Best of luck to you!!
Rosie0987
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Mistakenly posted this in the undergrad thread, but here goes :

Hi guys I have seen some people upset that they haven’t heard back and thinking it’s a bad sign. Just wanted to say from my perspective, a few weeks ago I sent an email questioning the delay and got a response saying that there has been a massive delay this year in the admissions team getting to applications. This is in part due to covid but also a marked increase in the number of applications this year. I also found the wait really frustrating and to be fair, I don’t think it’s fair on applicants. But I got my offer in the end - and I genuinely think In most cases it’s not that they don’t want to give an offer, it’s that they haven’t even gotten to your application yet. My application still even read “new” on the MyEd portal up until the day I got the offer - and goes to show that they’re swamped. So point being: don’t lose hope!! ♥️ For reference, I’m an international applicant who applied to a social sciences master’s
Last edited by Rosie0987; 2 weeks ago
sarahmd765
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rosie0987)

Hi guys I have seen some people upset that they haven’t heard back and thinking it’s a bad sign. Just wanted to say from my perspective, a few weeks ago I sent an email questioning the delay and got a response saying that there has been a massive delay this year in the admissions team getting to applications. This is in part due to covid but also a marked increase in the number of applications this year. I also found the wait really frustrating and to be fair, I don’t think it’s fair on applicants. But I got my offer in the end - and I genuinely think In most cases it’s not that they don’t want to give an offer, it’s that they haven’t even gotten to your application yet. My application still even read “new” on the MyEd portal up until the day I got the offer - and goes to show that they’re swamped. So point being: don’t lose hope!! ♥️ For reference, I’m an international applicant who applied to a social sciences master’s
this is so helpful thank you so much! i am looking forward to my reponse! Also quick question, when you got your offer, did you get an email or was it just on MyEd?
Rosie0987
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sarahmd765)
this is so helpful thank you so much! i am looking forward to my reponse! Also quick question, when you got your offer, did you get an email or was it just on MyEd?
I got what appears to be an automated email telling me that a decision has been made on my portal and to login to see what the decision was (it didn’t say what the decision was). About an hour later I also got an email from an admissions person that said they would like to make me an offer (do not know if this second email is standard procedure, but it happened in my case). Hope that helps!
J'zargo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rosie0987)

Thanks for the helpful and reassuring response! I appreciate they're busy but still in a bit of a tough situation as I have to accept my offer from Bristol by 6th April and then just get 2 weeks to change my mind and cancel it. So I really hope they get back to me soon so it gives me enough time to consider both options (or just go with Bristol if I get rejected by Edinburgh lol)
BenRyan99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by J'zargo)
Thanks for the helpful and reassuring response! I appreciate they're busy but still in a bit of a tough situation as I have to accept my offer from Bristol by 6th April and then just get 2 weeks to change my mind and cancel it. So I really hope they get back to me soon so it gives me enough time to consider both options (or just go with Bristol if I get rejected by Edinburgh lol)
This still gives you about 3 weeks to hear back, I'd recommend shooting them a message through just to let them know
Rosie0987
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by J'zargo)
If I were you, I would email the course convenor and cc the postgraduate admissions team. You can just explain that you’d like for your application to be prioritised because of your other offer. I’m sure they can prioritise it
echobravo44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am a USA student and applied on Feb 17th (Round 3) for the Sport Policy, Management and International Development MSc. No word yet, but there are tons of rounds for this program (5 different deadlines). Anyone else?
rocku0625
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anyone applied for MSc in Linguistics? I am still waiting for the results.
esw1g18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by rocku0625)
Anyone applied for MSc in Linguistics? I am still waiting for the results.
I did and the Msc Speech and Lang Technology
RoyalBeams
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by crrs)
hi! hopping off another thread does anyone know much of anything about the msc creative writing? i applied based mostly on vibe and lack of application fee (and city and general english department reputation) but i can't find much specific about student experience/alums/program reputation

i'm pretty sure it's a newer course and a hell of a city to just hang out and write in but i'm ?? looking kind of desperately for any insights at all
UEA is the top university for creative writing.

Maybe followed by City London.

I don't know much about Edinburgh's pedigree in this, but universities with great English Literature departments might be worth checking out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
19.1%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.33%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.78%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.84%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.09%
Taster lectures or seminars (76)
21.35%
Speak to current students studying my course (81)
22.75%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (15)
4.21%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.65%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.25%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.97%

Watched Threads