The Student Room Group

is 8 miles a day good?

if i want to lose 30-40 pounds in 4-7 months, is it realistic if i eat 1,700 cal or less a day and 8 miles?
i also do 30 minutes of ab workouts!
i turn 16 in june btw<3 also a female!!
Yep, I am not sure about the calories cuz I don't know your height/weight/overall activity apart from the 8 mile walk/run/jo and 30 mins ab work but yeah, 30-40 pounds in 7 months is very doable.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
if i want to lose 30-40 pounds in 4-7 months, is it realistic if i eat 1,700 cal or less a day and 8 miles?

Do you want to lose weight or need to lose weight? Two completely different things.

Are you in the healthy range for your BMI?

I think it is fantastic that you are conscious about your weight and fitness however I do worry that 40lbs in 4 months is hitting the edge of recommended weight loss rates. It is completely dependent on your current BMI and activity. I would argue that 8miles a day for 7 days a week is risking causing injury, even the best ultramarathon runners have rest days and taper weeks. Also if you would like to run that a day restricting calories that much could be unsafe.
In terms of Ab work out I would suggest running 1 day then Ab workout next, allowing muscle groups to rest and repair for a day.
I think the secret to any fitness/ weight loss plan are to gradually make changes otherwise you risk not keeping it up and negatively impacting your health.
Please don't take what I'm saying as discouragement, I wish I had taken care of my health and fitness sooner. Your enthusiasm is great. But I consider your above suggestions are 1. Not possible to keep up for a sustained period of time and 2. Potentially unsafe
I hope this helps:smile:
Protein and protein diets will help you! Once you learn to distinguish between healthy and unhealthy foods and exercise on the right schedule, all the protein will be transferred to the muscles, and energy will be burned in the right direction. But this requires a good coach or motivational drugs. I buy igf 1 injections online https://steroid-pharm.com/igf-1-lr3.html , which quickly showed what my muscles are capable of. It was a cool effect that I myself wanted to continue to support with training.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5

it's not realistic for you to run 8 miles a day (assuming you have not been running regularly before this)

I doubt If you had to run 8 miles today you would even get that far. and definately by day 3 you wouldn't be able to complete 8 miles.......
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
Do you want to lose weight or need to lose weight? Two completely different things.

Are you in the healthy range for your BMI?

no im above 30... yikes
Reply 7

Are you saying that you are running 8 miles a day?
Reply 8
no im above 30... yikes

In that case i'd be extremely surprised if you could run even 3 miles on the first day.......

You are not being realistic at all with your 8 miles a day.......

Quick Reply

Latest