heyitsj344
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I'm struggling to find a topic for my math IA and since it might be my whole grade I'm super stressed.

Currently my ideas are something related to ski jumping, snowboarding, books and marketing.

I'd rather not do statistics.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what I could investigate?
VanillaCream
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
our teacher always says it's best to do something with calculus, so something with sports would be fine probably - I don't know specifically about snowboard or ski jumping but anything that could be modelled with a function and then e.g. it's area, volume or length could be calculated would be probably fine
when it comes to books, what do you mean? what about books? I don't see anything in which you could Maths here tbh (depends what you mean exactly tho) and I have no idea about marketing

btw, why are you saying it could be your whole grade? are you M21?
heyitsj344
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
M21 yeah, we should know if we'll be having exams or not in early Feb. Thanks for your help, I'll definitely take a look at calculus!
19ngl5
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by heyitsj344)
Hi,

I'm struggling to find a topic for my math IA and since it might be my whole grade I'm super stressed.

Currently my ideas are something related to ski jumping, snowboarding, books and marketing.

I'd rather not do statistics.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what I could investigate?
What grade are you aiming for on your IA? If it's simply calculus, it might not be rigorous enough for a 6-7.
heyitsj344
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 19ngl5)
What grade are you aiming for on your IA? If it's simply calculus, it might not be rigorous enough for a 6-7.
I'm aiming for 6-7... I'm actually thinking of doing both statistics and algebra or calc. Thanks for replying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (405)
52.26%
No (370)
47.74%

Watched Threads