jasneet_96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey Guys,

I am really struggling on conducting a statistical analysis on my dissertation. I am a final year psychology student who is looking at how Covid_19 has impacted student mental health, eating behaviours and loneliness.

i will also be looking to see whether living under different circumstances i.e. (family/ friends / alone) impacts loneliness, MH & Eating behaviours.

I have used Becks Anxiety Inventory & Depression inventory to measure MH

Dutch Eating Behaviour DEBQ scale to measure types of eating i.e. emotional, external & restricted

Finally I have used the UCLA loneliness scale to measure loneliness

I have decided on conducting a pearsons correlation and a regression analysis.

However, I am finding it difficult to analyse the data using spss and how to interpret it -

if I could have any help as I keep getting litewise missing values or missing variables
ann0808
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by jasneet_96)
Hey Guys,

I am really struggling on conducting a statistical analysis on my dissertation. I am a final year psychology student who is looking at how Covid_19 has impacted student mental health, eating behaviours and loneliness.

i will also be looking to see whether living under different circumstances i.e. (family/ friends / alone) impacts loneliness, MH & Eating behaviours.

I have used Becks Anxiety Inventory & Depression inventory to measure MH

Dutch Eating Behaviour DEBQ scale to measure types of eating i.e. emotional, external & restricted

Finally I have used the UCLA loneliness scale to measure loneliness

I have decided on conducting a pearsons correlation and a regression analysis.

However, I am finding it difficult to analyse the data using spss and how to interpret it -

if I could have any help as I keep getting litewise missing values or missing variables
Hi,

For my project I am struggling with the same thing!! Instead of your constructs I am examining anxiety depression and loneliness using various questionnaires.

I understand I need to conduct a regression and Pearson’s correlation to see of mental health responses are impacted by loneliness responses but I have no clue on how to compare response rates of questionnaires.

I asked a similar q and kindly got a response of using the Andy Field textbooks on spss. As for now though I am still quite unsure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (9)
15.25%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (14)
23.73%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
6.78%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
13.56%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
6.78%
I think it's an unfair expectation (18)
30.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
3.39%

Watched Threads