The Student Room Group

A- level psychology AQA paper 2, question 27

Im doing exam practice for A-level psychology AQA paper 2, and have finished the whole paper but i couldn’t get my hear around question 27.

It reads a psychology teacher read the researcher’s study on sport and happiness. She considered whether setting group tasks could improve her student’s level of happiness. She decided to conduct an independent groups experiment with 30 students taking A-level psychology using the same happiness questionnaire.
Suggest an appropriate statical test the psychology teacher could use to analyse the data. Justify your choice of test. (4marks)”

I was thinking it would be a sign-test as the teacher is using a matched pairs design. But I’m quite unsure :/

If anyone has done it before or could help me ok this question, that would be great help :smile:
Reply 1
The teacher is using an independent group design here; not matched pairs as it states in the question. She is also using a questionnaire, which would produce ordinal data. Therefore, the statistical test the teacher would use is Man-Whitney U test. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Hi what topic is this? I do a level psychology but I’m super behind on content. I don’t suppose you’ve done psychopathology yet I’m stuck on a 6 marker?
Original post by LibbyJoy
Hi what topic is this? I do a level psychology but I’m super behind on content. I don’t suppose you’ve done psychopathology yet I’m stuck on a 6 marker?

this is research methods- statistics
Original post by esraaf0001
this is research methods- statistics

What's the year of the paper?
Reply 5
Original post by Nsndns
Im doing exam practice for A-level psychology AQA paper 2, and have finished the whole paper but i couldn’t get my hear around question 27.

It reads a psychology teacher read the researcher’s study on sport and happiness. She considered whether setting group tasks could improve her student’s level of happiness. She decided to conduct an independent groups experiment with 30 students taking A-level psychology using the same happiness questionnaire.
Suggest an appropriate statical test the psychology teacher could use to analyse the data. Justify your choice of test. (4marks)”

I was thinking it would be a sign-test as the teacher is using a matched pairs design. But I’m quite unsure :/

If anyone has done it before or could help me ok this question, that would be great help :smile:

HEYYY

Im literally sitting my exam tomorrow, do you remember any other questions that came up for the research methods section :smile:
Original post by jkawwa
HEYYY

Im literally sitting my exam tomorrow, do you remember any other questions that came up for the research methods section :smile:

What does reliability refer to?
Role of peer review and referencing section in the scientific process/reports
Why use directional or non directional hypothesis
Identify sampling method and one limitation
Matched pair design/repeated measure design strength/limitation
Calculating value of S
What is high concurrent validity
What statistical test to use and why this statistical test is appropriate to use
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest