Nsndns
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Im doing exam practice for A-level psychology AQA paper 2, and have finished the whole paper but i couldn’t get my hear around question 27.

It reads “ a psychology teacher read the researcher’s study on sport and happiness. She considered whether setting group tasks could improve her student’s level of happiness. She decided to conduct an independent groups experiment with 30 students taking A-level psychology using the same happiness questionnaire.
Suggest an appropriate statical test the psychology teacher could use to analyse the data. Justify your choice of test. (4marks)”

I was thinking it would be a sign-test as the teacher is using a matched pairs design. But I’m quite unsure :/

If anyone has done it before or could help me ok this question, that would be great help
euds
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The teacher is using an independent group design here; not matched pairs as it states in the question. She is also using a questionnaire, which would produce ordinal data. Therefore, the statistical test the teacher would use is Man-Whitney U test. Hope this helps
LibbyJoy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi what topic is this? I do a level psychology but I’m super behind on content. I don’t suppose you’ve done psychopathology yet I’m stuck on a 6 marker?
esraaf0001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by LibbyJoy)
Hi what topic is this? I do a level psychology but I’m super behind on content. I don’t suppose you’ve done psychopathology yet I’m stuck on a 6 marker?
this is research methods- statistics
freads92
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by esraaf0001)
this is research methods- statistics
What's the year of the paper?
jkawwa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Nsndns)
Im doing exam practice for A-level psychology AQA paper 2, and have finished the whole paper but i couldn’t get my hear around question 27.

It reads “ a psychology teacher read the researcher’s study on sport and happiness. She considered whether setting group tasks could improve her student’s level of happiness. She decided to conduct an independent groups experiment with 30 students taking A-level psychology using the same happiness questionnaire.
Suggest an appropriate statical test the psychology teacher could use to analyse the data. Justify your choice of test. (4marks)”

I was thinking it would be a sign-test as the teacher is using a matched pairs design. But I’m quite unsure :/

If anyone has done it before or could help me ok this question, that would be great help
HEYYY

Im literally sitting my exam tomorrow, do you remember any other questions that came up for the research methods section
wutheringdepths
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by jkawwa)
HEYYY

Im literally sitting my exam tomorrow, do you remember any other questions that came up for the research methods section
What does reliability refer to?
Role of peer review and referencing section in the scientific process/reports
Why use directional or non directional hypothesis
Identify sampling method and one limitation
Matched pair design/repeated measure design strength/limitation
Calculating value of S
What is high concurrent validity
What statistical test to use and why this statistical test is appropriate to use
Last edited by wutheringdepths; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.67%
Uncertainty around my education (57)
11.54%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (58)
11.74%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (27)
5.47%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (21)
4.25%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.73%
Financial worries (29)
5.87%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.48%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
2.83%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (48)
9.72%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (41)
8.3%

Watched Threads