The Student Room Group

Anyone still writing their UCAS application?

Hey! :wavey:

The Ucas deadline is tomorrow at 6pm, and we here on TSR are here to help if you have any questions!

Check out these articles about Ucas applications below for some help and advice:

UCAS application checklist
Can't decide what unis to pick on your application? Read this
Personal statement advice
Chat to others who are applying to your uni/course now!

If you have a specific question, ask in this thread or set up your own thread here!

Finished your application? Read this for what to do next.

Good luck everyone :hugs:
I'm still finishing off my personal statement but everything else is finished. Will be done in time!
Original post by lil_hellgirl
I'm still finishing off my personal statement but everything else is finished. Will be done in time!

Yesss! Well done, hope submitting it goes all ok :biggrin:
Reply 3
It's really strange. I have everything prepared which I did a couple of months in advance; personal statement (I think), reference from my old tutor from my previous Uni course, grades and other qualifications, but I haven't even started applying, let alone 'still writing', and I'm looking at a September 2021 start. I know I shouldn't put it off, and I seldom wait until the last minute (I abhor doing that), but I feel almost no urgency despite the deadline being at 6pm today. I may owe to the fact that I might not go back anyway, or I may end up in something else (apprenticeship, most likely), but I'm shocked that I'm not rushing around and beating myself up to make a decision and follow through with it. Don't think I'm someone who lets the wind carry them around (trust me, I've let that happen too many times already), I don't tolerate that behaviour anymore. I really want to make things right, it's just a shame that that passion isn't really being used yet.

Help?
Original post by Nyftyx
It's really strange. I have everything prepared which I did a couple of months in advance; personal statement (I think), reference from my old tutor from my previous Uni course, grades and other qualifications, but I haven't even started applying, let alone 'still writing', and I'm looking at a September 2021 start. I know I shouldn't put it off, and I seldom wait until the last minute (I abhor doing that), but I feel almost no urgency despite the deadline being at 6pm today. I may owe to the fact that I might not go back anyway, or I may end up in something else (apprenticeship, most likely), but I'm shocked that I'm not rushing around and beating myself up to make a decision and follow through with it. Don't think I'm someone who lets the wind carry them around (trust me, I've let that happen too many times already), I don't tolerate that behaviour anymore. I really want to make things right, it's just a shame that that passion isn't really being used yet.

Help?

Your reference needs to be added to Apply by your referee - you can't add it yourself.

If you want to give them the most time to do that today before the deadline then get your application started and complete your education section ASAP. It should only take half an hour and then you can spend the rest of the afternoon sorting out your other sections while your tutor adds your reference.

It's not fair to expect your tutor to add your reference with half an hour to spare so make sure you make life as easy as possible for them even if you can't motivate yourself to do it promptly for your own benefit
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Your reference needs to be added to Apply by your referee - you can't add it yourself.

Yeah, sorry. What I meant to say was that I've got someone who's willing to write a reference and thus be a referee, not sure why I forgot about that part.
I do agree with everything you've said, and I agree with not making problems for other people, but I just can't get myself to start an application. It probably doesn't help that I haven't really told my parents that I want to go back yet either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending