The Student Room Group

Preparation for the NSAA?

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone has experience with the NSAA for Cambridge natural sciences. Does it just cover AS content?

There don't seem to be very many past papers, and the most similar exams I've found are the PAT/MAT/ENGAA/TMUA. Would these be helpful preparation? I also had a look at some STEP mechanic questions and old AEA papers, but I'm not sure how similar they are to the NSAA.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you!
Reply 1
The maths section is similar to GCSE maths , so do a bunch of GCSE math questions and do them under timed conditions

For me personally i chose the bio section twice (usually you would choose 2 different ones for section 1 but there were changes to the 2020 one) , and there was A2 knowledge involved but im not sure about physics/chemistry

other than that , as you said theres not many resources online for the science sections - you could potentially do BMAT /olympiad questions but to be honest i don't think theres a need for excessive preparation , i didn't really prepare for it and i found it okay. But i would still say do some preparation and brush up on both AS and A2 knowledge :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by -Chenny-
The maths section is similar to GCSE maths , so do a bunch of GCSE math questions and do them under timed conditions

For me personally i chose the bio section twice (usually you would choose 2 different ones for section 1 but there were changes to the 2020 one) , and there was A2 knowledge involved but im not sure about physics/chemistry

other than that , as you said theres not many resources online for the science sections - you could potentially do BMAT /olympiad questions but to be honest i don't think theres a need for excessive preparation , i didn't really prepare for it and i found it okay. But i would still say do some preparation and brush up on both AS and A2 knowledge :biggrin:

Thank you, that's good to know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending