The Student Room Group

What counts as a professional qualification

Hi! I'm applying for a Masters in International Development and there is a section dedicated to academic and professional qualifications. I put my degree under academic qualifications but I'm unsure about the professional qualifications. I know this would refer to qualfiications like ACCA or CPA, but would I be wrong to include certificates from online courses I ahe completed? For example, I completed a course 'Gender and Development' hosted online by Deakin University, which seems relevant to this masters but it doesnt seem in the same league as other professional qualifications? So, would it be wrong to include it/make me look daft? Thanks in advance!
Original post by chloeharris9998
Hi! I'm applying for a Masters in International Development and there is a section dedicated to academic and professional qualifications. I put my degree under academic qualifications but I'm unsure about the professional qualifications. I know this would refer to qualfiications like ACCA or CPA, but would I be wrong to include certificates from online courses I ahe completed? For example, I completed a course 'Gender and Development' hosted online by Deakin University, which seems relevant to this masters but it doesnt seem in the same league as other professional qualifications? So, would it be wrong to include it/make me look daft? Thanks in advance!

Those sort of certificates, MOOCS etc aren't professional qualifications. Try and find a box called something like Continuing Professional Development - that's for courses you've done like E&D training, Lab Safety etc as well. It would make you look a bit daft if you included them under professional qualifications, but not terminally so for an academic application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending