The Student Room Group

GCSE ks4 subject choices

i have 3 blocks to choose 3 subjects from but am in emotional turmoil and cant pick I love french and really want to do it but want to do additional english as I may want to do it in the future like in uni I want to do business studies too but love pe and cant choose from them the only choice I have actually made I have been rethinking history vs geography i love history but the geography assembly opened my eyes to what geography can do pls someone help
Original post by Hawraa.A
i have 3 blocks to choose 3 subjects from but am in emotional turmoil and cant pick I love french and really want to do it but want to do additional english as I may want to do it in the future like in uni I want to do business studies too but love pe and cant choose from them the only choice I have actually made I have been rethinking history vs geography i love history but the geography assembly opened my eyes to what geography can do pls someone help

What country do you go to school in?
pick the subjects you enjoy the most. i'm not sure what country you go to school in but do you not already take english as a subject just maybe a different format?
Reply 3
Original post by absolutelysprout
pick the subjects you enjoy the most. i'm not sure what country you go to school in but do you not already take english as a subject just maybe a different format?

im in the uk in london but additional english might be good as I would like to b an English teacher in the future
what blocks are there
Reply 5
Original post by linedpaper
what blocks are there

this is it
this is it

Why not pick History, French and PE (assuming you are sporty and play for teams etc) History ties in well with English, and you say you love History and French, so I don't see why you shouldn't take them. Additional English definitely isn't a must as I presume you will be taking language and lit. If you would still like to be an english teacher you can take English lit A level. I didn't do geography but I enjoyed history GCSE and there are always routes into geography.
Reply 7
Original post by linedpaper
Why not pick History, French and PE (assuming you are sporty and play for teams etc) History ties in well with English, and you say you love History and French, so I don't see why you shouldn't take them. Additional English definitely isn't a must as I presume you will be taking language and lit. If you would still like to be an english teacher you can take English lit A level. I didn't do geography but I enjoyed history GCSE and there are always routes into geography.

i really want to take business though
Reply 8
Original post by glassalice
What country do you go to school in?

i go to school in London in the uk my school is right next to Wembley stadium
im in the uk in london but additional english might be good as I would like to b an English teacher in the future

i don't think additional english is necessary to be fair, take it if you really want to and don't like the other options but you don't need it to be an english teacher- gcses in english lit and lang would be enough. i'd pick french if you love the subject.
Reply 10
Original post by absolutelysprout
i don't think additional english is necessary to be fair, take it if you really want to and don't like the other options but you don't need it to be an english teacher- gcses in english lit and lang would be enough. i'd pick french if you love the subject.

thank you so much for your help it means a lot to me
thank you so much for your help it means a lot to me

no worries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest