AveriNova
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
the course im hoping to get an offer for is based on East Campus but i don't mind living on West if the accommodation is better
I'd prefer en suite but not too fussed about catering
University of York
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AveriNova)
the course im hoping to get an offer for is based on East Campus but i don't mind living on West if the accommodation is better
I'd prefer en suite but not too fussed about catering
Hi AveriNova :hello:

Thanks for your message and it's great that you've applied to come and study at the University of York.

Whatever accommodation you choose at York, the great benefit is that you will have have teaching, study and social facilities on your doorstep so that you can make the most of University life. Campus East currently houses three of our colleges: Goodricke, Constantine and Langwith and we have a new college (Anne Lister) currently in construction which we hope will be open later this year! Our colleges have a range of different room types to suit a variety of needs and budgets so it is worth exploring some of our rooms and prices here.

Accommodation at York is located on our compact parkland campus so even if you choose accommodation on a different campus to where your department is based you can easily get between the two. You can walk between campuses in around 20-30 minutes or there is a free direct bus for students.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions then please do ask

Vicki
Student Recruitment Coordinator
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just a note if you're on East, try to stay on East. I know there is a bus service but with Covid capacity I've found the bus is often full and it'll probably just be more a problem if you decide to stay on East.

Plus East has by far the nicest accommodation - West isn't a patch on it.
Jobedd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can anyone tell my which campus History of Art is based?
University of York
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jobedd)
Hi Jobedd

Thanks for your question, I can happily answer

Our Department of History of Art is based within Vanbrugh College, Campus West. You can view our campus map here. The great thing about Vanbrugh is that it is really central / in the heart of the campus, close to the library, Student Hub and much more! However, please do bear in mind that your teaching may be conducted across the campus. The great thing about York is that we have a compact green parkland campus so it is very easy to get around and you can walk around the majority of Campus West in around 15 minutes.

I hope that this helps and if you have any further questions please do ask!

Vicki
Lauryyys
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by University of York)
Hi Jobedd

Our Department of History of Art is based within Vanbrugh College, Campus West. You can view our campus map here. The great thing about Vanbrugh is that it is really central / in the heart of the campus, close to the library, Student Hub and much more! However, please do bear in mind that your teaching may be conducted across the campus. The great thing about York is that we have a compact green parkland campus so it is very easy to get around and you can walk around the majority of Campus West in around 15 minutes.

Vicki
If you apply for Band 3 vanbrugh (ensuite self catered 38 or 40 weeks) are you guaranteed to be placed in Donald Barron/Barbara Scott courts?
University of York
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lauryyys)
If you apply for Band 3 vanbrugh (ensuite self catered 38 or 40 weeks) are you guaranteed to be placed in Donald Barron/Barbara Scott courts?
Hi Lauryyys
If your application for Band 3 Vanbrugh (ensuite, self-catered, 38/40 weeks) is successful you will be placed in either Donald Barron or Barbara Scott Courts. However when making your application you'll be asked to list more than one choice as we can't guarantee that every student will be placed in their first choice accommodation.
Don't worry though all of our accommodation is great. Personally I didn't get my first choice of Constantine Ensuite when I applied and was placed in Halifax Standard instead, I loved it so much I moved back in for my third year.
Accommodation applications are now open, if you need any more help please feel free to contact accommodation services. Email: [email protected] Phone: +44 (0)1904 322165 Twitter: @UoYAccomm or explore our full range of accommodation here: https://www.york.ac.uk/study/accommo.../rooms-prices/
Graduate Ambassador
Bea
tiger15
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which college has the most medical students in it?
AveriNova
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by tiger15)
Which college has the most medical students in it?
I assume it's Alcuin as that is where the department is based
AmberLeighEvie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
does anyone know what the new college's colour is going to be? Anne Lister is one of my favourite historical figures and the buildings very close to Interactive media. I hope it orange! (pink is already taken by Constantine and orange is the other colour on the lesbian flag) however the walls in the accommodation are green so that suggests it is green
University of York
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AmberLeighEvie)
does anyone know what the new college's colour is going to be? Anne Lister is one of my favourite historical figures and the buildings very close to Interactive media. I hope it orange! (pink is already taken by Constantine and orange is the other colour on the lesbian flag) however the walls in the accommodation are green so that suggests it is green
Hi AmberLeighEvie,

Thank you for your message and interesting question!

The design of the Anne Lister college colour and shield will be determined by our very own University of York students. Anyone who is currently studying with us had the opportunity to propose a design.

The competition closes at the end of April and the winning concept will be announced by the end of May so watch this space :five:

If you have any other queries about accommodation, please let me know or alternatively, feel free to email: [email protected]

Thanks,

Laura
Graduate Ambassador
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by University of York)
Hi AmberLeighEvie,

Thank you for your message and interesting question!

The design of the Anne Lister college colour and shield will be determined by our very own University of York students. Anyone who is currently studying with us had the opportunity to propose a design.

The competition closes at the end of April and the winning concept will be announced by the end of May so watch this space :five:

If you have any other queries about accommodation, please let me know or alternatively, feel free to email: [email protected]

Thanks,

Laura
Graduate Ambassador
hi what campus is the law and crim department on and what colleges are closest to it?
is there a difference between the 38 weeks or 40 weeks?
thank you so much
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jobedd)
Campus West - on a map it is close to Greg's place
University of York
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi what campus is the law and crim department on and what colleges are closest to it?
is there a difference between the 38 weeks or 40 weeks?
thank you so much
Hi,
thanks for the question!
The York Law School is located on Campus East and the Department of Sociology will be on Campus East from 2020. The Department of Social Policy and Social Work is on Campus West. Therefore your teaching will take place mostly on Campus East but there may be some additional teaching on Campus West if you're hoping to study LLB (Hons) Law and Criminology.
Because of this I'd maybe suggest looking at accommodation on Campus East but the campuses are very easy to get between with a 20 minute walk, quick ride on our free bus or a speedy 5-10 minute cycle so colleges on Campus West or East would be suitable. My best advice would to be consider everything when making the decision about accommodation (how many people do you want to live with, do you wanted catered or self-catered, do you want an ensuite or shared bathroom). Here's where you can view our room prices. If you'd like to contact accommodation you can do so by emailing [email protected] or calling +44 (0)1904 322165 and they'll be happy to help.
The difference between 38 weeks and 40 weeks is just that you have to completely move out of your room for two weeks over Easter as these rooms are used for a widening participation programme, otherwise you move in and move out on the same dates.
Let me know if you have any more questions!
Bea
Graduate Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (130)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (395)
14.85%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (297)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (374)
14.06%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (121)
4.55%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (163)
6.13%
Loneliness (226)
8.5%
Financial worries (98)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (109)
4.1%
Exposure to negative news/social media (121)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (140)
5.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (233)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (253)
9.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise