ChemBioPsych1335
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
What’s most likely going to happen with A levels in 2022 for this years year 12s
username5235322
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think you’ll do them. Hopefully there will be changes to accompany missed learning coz it’s really not fair. I wish that for you guys there will be less content or so. This coming from a year 13 student
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
We don’t know yet, you’ll most likely have exams though
ChemBioPsych1335
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
We don’t know yet, you’ll most likely have exams though
Yay I want to do my exams
ChemBioPsych1335
Rep:
?
(Original post by SparkleFace)
I think you’ll do them. Hopefully there will be changes to accompany missed learning coz it’s really not fair. I wish that for you guys there will be less content or so. This coming from a year 13 student
Same same I hope I do my exams I hooope they’re nicer at least.
Studentlife04
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm in year 12 too. I think they will go ahead but exam boards might offer lower boundaries, less content , open books ect
ChemBioPsych1335
Rep:
?
(Original post by Studentlife04)
I'm in year 12 too. I think they will go ahead but exam boards might offer lower boundaries, less content , open books ect
I hope so, lower grade boundaries & les content sounds realistic but open book sounds a bit too easy...
ChemBioPsych1335
Rep:
?
What A levels r u doing BTW bc maybe for English Yh open book makes sense but for me it would only fit for psychology
Studentlife04
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ChemBioPsych1335)
I hope so, lower grade boundaries & les content sounds realistic but open book sounds a bit too easy...
I was thinking maybe open book for literature so they don't have to remember quotes
username5568728
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I was thinking maybe open book for literature so they don't have to remember quotes
I hope we do open books for english lit - it would seriously reduce my stress levels. And it wouldn't technically be any easier as you will still have to write the same quality of essay it would just mean you could spend time revising intererpretations and analysis and not loads of quotes. And I am getting sick of my teacher saying we have to start memorising quotes becuase she is really annoying. But if they do, I hope they do it early or it wouldn't make any difference.
Studentlife04
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What A levels r u doing BTW bc maybe for English Yh open book makes sense but for me it would only fit for psychology
I'm taking English language, history, geography and core maths but my friends are doing literature
ChemBioPsych1335
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lily_23)
I hope we do open books for english lit - it would seriously reduce my stress levels. And it wouldn't technically be any easier as you will still have to write the same quality of essay it would just mean you could spend time revising intererpretations and analysis and not loads of quotes. And I am getting sick of my teacher saying we have to start memorising quotes becuase she is really annoying. But if they do, I hope they do it early or it wouldn't make any difference.
Yh sorry my bad I was applying the open book idea to bio chem and psych if we had open book omgggg that would be easier imo. But still hard at the same time all I wanna do r my exams lol
username5568728
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yh sorry my bad I was applying the open book idea to bio chem and psych if we had open book omgggg that would be easier imo. But still hard at the same time all I wanna do r my exams lol
I suppose you could have the textbook in the exam and just make the questions more about application of knowledge so no multiple choice questions or definitions? They could reduce the content as well so you do one or two fewer topics in the exam?
ChemBioPsych1335
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lily_23)
I suppose you could have the textbook in the exam and just make the questions more about application of knowledge so no multiple choice questions or definitions? They could reduce the content as well so you do one or two fewer topics in the exam?
Yh true I wonder what they’ll do
username5568728
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yh true I wonder what they’ll do
Well I hope we get something, even lower grade boundaries and I hope they tell us soon.
But we'll see
anamsaid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What’s most likely going to happen with A levels in 2022 for this years year 12s
nah im really hoping our exams get cancelled
ChemBioPsych1335
Rep:
?
(Original post by anamsaid)
Ur predicted grades must be good then hey
username5235322
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by anamsaid)
Honestly don’t lay back on the fact that they’ll be cancelled. I don’t think they will.
It’s because everyone is going to have the vaccines by then and the country is bound to release everyone from these lockdowns.
But I won’t rule out the possibility that they’ll make many changes!
So keep studying hard!!
dalixh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
in a level english lit you are allowed to bring your books into the exam tho. idk what exam board you are doing but the edexcel one lets us take the books into the exam anyways
RaphAngelos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i think maybe doing what they had planned to do for current yr 13s would be a shout, i know i've missed out on pretty much the majority of differentiation bc maths online learning isn't a good mix. I also hope they bear this in mind with coursework subjects like DT and theatre studies bc i am incredibly nervous (as those are the subects i need for my ideal uni course - production arts for stage and screen). I know that my work ethic is awful because i didn't do gcses and for most of my life i haven't really had to try per se but for the rest of us i kind of hope they do something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.57%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
15.43%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (183)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (58)
4.5%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.58%
Loneliness (114)
8.84%
Financial worries (45)
3.49%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (59)
4.57%
Exposure to negative news/social media (59)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (113)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (118)
9.15%

Watched Threads