The Student Room Group

Note taking Advice

What do you think works better for note taking in uni: notebooks or ring binders/ loose leaf paper?

Thanks!
Original post by IRISH499
What do you think works better for note taking in uni: notebooks or ring binders/ loose leaf paper?

Thanks!

Hi @IRISH499,

I think it depends how you want to organise it and how much storage space you have. Personally, I find ring binders the most versatile as I can reorganise how I like and I don't need to rip a page out if I make a mistake. The main problem with ring binders is that they are quite bulky so if you're short on space then a notebook would be better.

Notebooks on the other hand are easier to store and they look prettier (in my opinion)! If you're not fussed about general organisation and just want something for basic notes then a notebook would probably be better.

Lucy
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi @IRISH499,

I think it depends how you want to organise it and how much storage space you have. Personally, I find ring binders the most versatile as I can reorganise how I like and I don't need to rip a page out if I make a mistake. The main problem with ring binders is that they are quite bulky so if you're short on space then a notebook would be better.

Notebooks on the other hand are easier to store and they look prettier (in my opinion)! If you're not fussed about general organisation and just want something for basic notes then a notebook would probably be better.

Lucy

Thank you for the reply!! I think I might try notebooks for lecture notes and ring binders for storing handouts, tests, PDF readings, and slides.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending