The Student Room Group

I'm super late with my reference and feel like i'm screwed

Hi, I only started my application recently and I haven't been in education since 2017, and haven't worked since the start of 2020. I have no clue what to do for my reference and the deadline is tomorrow so I feel like anyone I ask won't even have the time to sort it out by then. Has anyone got any advice?
Original post by AquaticPork
Hi, I only started my application recently and I haven't been in education since 2017, and haven't worked since the start of 2020. I have no clue what to do for my reference and the deadline is tomorrow so I feel like anyone I ask won't even have the time to sort it out by then. Has anyone got any advice?

RING your universities (try now but if that's not any good then ring them tomorrow) and explain that you're struggling to arrange a reference by the deadline and ask if they will consider an application without a reference (with your reference supplied later).

Your education provider from 2017 should be able to provide you with a reference - just not with less that 24 hours notice!
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
RING your universities (try now but if that's not any good then ring them tomorrow) and explain that you're struggling to arrange a reference by the deadline and ask if they will consider an application without a reference (with your reference supplied later).

Your education provider from 2017 should be able to provide you with a reference - just not with less that 24 hours notice!

Going to try this but I don't have much hope, I managed to contact an old employer and he said he'd give me a hand so hopefully that pans out. Thank you for trying to help
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
This is what happens when you leave something this important to the last minute - I don't have much sympathy.

ok, this is helpful how? what's the use in just going on an advice forum to attempt to make people feel bad? find a better way to spend your time
Reply 4
Original post by AquaticPork
ok, this is helpful how? what's the use in just going on an advice forum to attempt to make people feel bad? find a better way to spend your time

U should of spent less time masterbating and more time getting references. Dont take it out on others mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending