Cornwall College Newquay Campus Student Life

Watch this thread
orzoli
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm applying for BSc (Hons) Applied Zoology with Conservation at the Newquay Campus. What's the atmosphere like to study here compared with other places? Is it a good university experience? (not that anyone is getting a good one with Covid lmao) Before moving away, I lived in Cornwall for many years as a child but only went to Newquay a couple of times. The course is one of very few I actually qualify for but my mum is really pushing that its crappy there.
Last edited by orzoli; 1 year ago
serencunnah
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’ve applied for the exact same course as you, but I’ve never been to newquay ! What are you doing for accommodation?
orzoli
Rep:
(Original post by serencunnah)
Hi, I’ve applied for the exact same course as you, but I’ve never been to newquay ! What are you doing for accommodation?
Hi, omg that's great, it would be cool to "know" someone on the course. I'm not sure as there's no allocated halls or accommodation at the uni as its so small, and I'm not 100% sure if I'm even in yet haha. If I do get accepted I guess I'll be finding a spare room somewhere?
serencunnah
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
yeah 100%! I’ve looked on the website and they had a few lists of different types of accommodation, loads were shared houses but I’m unsure of what to do because obviously I don’t know anyone to share a house with ! Do you know if there’s any like Facebook groups or anything like that? Or maybe there’s a way for everyone on the course to get in contact, I know a few other unis do stuff like that.
orzoli
Rep:
I could only find three listings on the website under accommodation but they were in St Austell. I might have been looking at the wrong section? I’m not sure about facebook groups dedicated to student accommodation, only the one I sent but it was the first I saw, i’ll have another look
serencunnah
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I found a few that were in newquay under the accommodation but they weren’t shared houses as far as I remember it was just renting a room in someone’s house but I’m not sure if I fancy doing that. Would rather be in a shared house I think with people from the course but it’s so hard to arrange especially when we don’t know anyone on the course lol
orzoli
Rep:
I’d offer to buddy up with you but I have to wait until I get accepted. I’d definitely rather be in a shared house with people from the course too.
serencunnah
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Aw yeah, I’ve got an offer back but obviously need to wait til results day to get the grades to see if I fully get in, hopefully tho! Let me know if you get accepted
orzoli
Rep:
Sure thing ☺️
orzoli
Rep:
i got accepted!!
serencunnah
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yay well done !! Super exciting, my insta is @serencunnah_ if u wanna message on there, might be a bit easier to get to know people lol!
orzoli
Rep:
just requested to follow, im olitakessomepictures
scottia
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by orzoli)
I’d offer to buddy up with you but I have to wait until I get accepted. I’d definitely rather be in a shared house with people from the course too.
Hi I am Scott. I am also going to Newquay College in September. I am not doing the same course as you, but I am going to do Wildlife Conservation and Ecology there.
I am also looking for accommodation. Is it alright if I can contact one of you via social media or something and we can chat about accommodation? I would be happy to share accommodation with you two.

Good luck with your results day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (128)
66.32%
No (43)
22.28%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed