What video games do you play to chill out?

Watch
lumiere
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Journey is a really beautiful and chill game, though it’s not something I’d play again after finishing. I’ve been playing everybody’s gone to the rapture recently which is chill but a little too tedious/slow sometimes.
Monument valley is also a chill mobile game.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The most relaxing have been Broken Sword 1 and 2, space games in general particularly X3, and immersive open-world ones like GTA and Cyberpunk.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is the cosiest game I ever played though.
Jejune
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ori and the Blind Forest,
Prison Architect,
Terraria,
and Minecraft!
But Minecraft has to be heavily modded for me to still enjoy it because I've played it so much.
Based on what you've said you like I'd particularly recommend Ori and the Blind Forest!
whatdayisit
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Laikaaaaa)
I’m waiting for my top choice to reply to me, super stressed!
I’ve been binge-playing ‘sky children of the light’ as a result, it’s such a gorgeous and pleasant game! I love immersive games where you can free-roam and explore freely
What game chills u out the most?
Good luck & hope you get the reply you're looking for!

My chill out game would have to be Overwatch. I had quite a rough time during secondary school, and I would come home everyday and play it the whole evening until it was time for bed. Looking back, it probably wasn't the healthiest coping mechanism!! But it did get me through a lot of rough times and put a smile on my face when I needed it to. When I play it now, I find myself laughing at every little thing, as silly and insignificant as it may be.
I guess its just a nice reminder of how much happier I am now- a nice way to connect with my younger self
ADarling
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve been binge-playing ‘sky children of the light’ as a result, it’s such a gorgeous and pleasant game! I love immersive games where you can free-roam and explore freely
none
username5619580
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by whatdayisit)
Good luck & hope you get the reply you're looking for!

My chill out game would have to be Overwatch. I had quite a rough time during secondary school, and I would come home everyday and play it the whole evening until it was time for bed. Looking back, it probably wasn't the healthiest coping mechanism!! But it did get me through a lot of rough times and put a smile on my face when I needed it to. When I play it now, I find myself laughing at every little thing, as silly and insignificant as it may be.
I guess its just a nice reminder of how much happier I am now- a nice way to connect with my younger self
Thank you! And I am—lots of these games sound great so I’m going to check them out for sure 😊
jeffanbob
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh actually there is a good Tv show I know of it is called the curse of Oak Island it is like where they hunt for treasure and other it is pretty instering don't worry I am not going to spoil it. It is really goood.
Pepon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I like to chill out with platformers, my favourites being A Hat In Time and Sonic Adventure 2. Minecraft is a great game too, but that one's been said already XD
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
The Sims 3, would be The Sims 4 buy the fact the base game is so empty and all the EPs and GPs cost so much doesn't encourage relaxation.
This is why I pirated the game. I own the base game legally but after finding out it would cost around £600 to buy all the DLC, I went "**** you EA" and got all of it free because it's anti consumer ********. Make the base game empty and make players buy the add on content. So greedy.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
It is a fighting game but I find that it's more than that. It's open world and there's a large exploration element to it too - You can find bits of 'treasure' and recipe ingredients dotted all over the place. I've found myself playing for hours where I've barely fought anything intense :lol:

So yeah, it's largely a fighting game but there's a lot more to do too.
Genshin just reminds me too much of Breath of the Wild and I've already played so much of BOTW so I don't feel compelled to try Genshin. Maybe one day...
Old man 2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
GTA 5
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't typically play games to chill out. They always get my brain working because they're usually fast paced, difficult or requires me to think before taking another step. If I want to "chill out" then I play a game I'm already familiar with with cheats to feel like a God. Otherwise I ain't relaxing.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
Genshin just reminds me too much of Breath of the Wild and I've already played so much of BOTW so I don't feel compelled to try Genshin. Maybe one day...
I see what you mean, the whole exploration aspect does have a very BOTW feel to it. I loved BOTW personally though, so anything that's comparable is bound to be good

That being said, I am a sucker for being slightly addicted to gacha games.
TJ1997
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Black Ops Cold War and GTA 5
Maxsaid466
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dark souls because I hate everything
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't typically play games to chill out. They always get my brain working because they're usually fast paced, difficult or requires me to think before taking another step. If I want to "chill out" then I play a game I'm already familiar with with cheats to feel like a God. Otherwise I ain't relaxing.
Me too. I am so focused on the games that I am driving crazy when something missed or got wrong. That is everything, but not a good method to reduce stress! and currently I am driving crazy non-stop (I think you understand what I am talking about...) .
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is why I pirated the game. I own the base game legally but after finding out it would cost around £600 to buy all the DLC, I went "**** you EA" and got all of it free because it's anti consumer ********. Make the base game empty and make players buy the add on content. So greedy.
You're damn right but can you link me to where I can get all of that **** for free?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The Witcher 3
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Alien Isolation
Bioshock
Castlevania
Doom/Duke Nukem 3D
FarCry
Final Fantasy 6,7,8
Jet Set Radio
Payday the Heist
Peggle
REZ
Resident Evil 4
Spec Ops: The Line
Skyrim
Sega Mega Drive classics Sonic, TJ & Earl, Streets of Rage, etc
The Wolf Among Us
Watch Dogs
navarre
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm with the earlier people who correctly state that videogames are generally a terrible way to chill out. They're such an active form of entertainment, I need to engage my brain, and often I get frustrated or angry eg if I keep dying.

There are exceptions. Mario Kart 8, for example, is a great way to reduce stress.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (63)
12.26%
Virtual campus tours/open days (120)
23.35%
Live streaming events (46)
8.95%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (50)
9.73%
A uni comparison tool (120)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (115)
22.37%