Alexgriffiths222
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey there, so I'm an 18 year old working part time. So I kinda stupidly didn't turn up to my A Levels thinking I wouldn't need them to make money so they were irrelevant. Now I realize I still have a thirst for knowledge and want to improve my education. What are my options? I'm struggling to take in everything that's available to me and I've never really understood the application process for higher education. Am I entitled to free education having technically failed my A Levels?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
- Alex
harryw02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Alexgriffiths222)
Hey there, so I'm an 18 year old working part time. So I kinda stupidly didn't turn up to my A Levels thinking I wouldn't need them to make money so they were irrelevant. Now I realize I still have a thirst for knowledge and want to improve my education. What are my options? I'm struggling to take in everything that's available to me and I've never really understood the application process for higher education. Am I entitled to free education having technically failed my A Levels?

Thanks,
- Alex
You are entitled to free education if you are still 18 when you apply. If you can't return to the Sixth Form/College you were studying at you could always go down different avenues such as an access to HE course or a Foundation year at a university. I assume you have already learned all of the content for the A levels that you didn't turn up to the exams for, so you could always just contact the college and ask whether you could just sit the exams there.
Alexgriffiths222
Rep:
?
(Original post by harryw02)
You are entitled to free education if you are still 18 when you apply. If you can't return to the Sixth Form/College you were studying at you could always go down different avenues such as an access to HE course or a Foundation year at a university. I assume you have already learned all of the content for the A levels that you didn't turn up to the exams for, so you could always just contact the college and ask whether you could just sit the exams there.
Nope I decided at the start of Sixth Ford I wouldn't invest any time, lol.
sy!¡
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
you can always sign up to a private exam centre and sit your a levels that way.

would cost quite a bit tho.
harryw02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Nope I decided at the start of Sixth Ford I wouldn't invest any time, lol.
Ah right. If I was you I'd have a look at some Foundation years like I mentioned, that way you will be at university with people your age too. There are lots of other ways anyway, you could still enrol to do A levels at a college or any other type of qualification.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Thanks,
- Alex
You can start a course and It will be free if you are under 19.
How about an apprenticeship?
Alexgriffiths222
Rep:
?
(Original post by harryw02)
Ah right. If I was you I'd have a look at some Foundation years like I mentioned, that way you will be at university with people your age too. There are lots of other ways anyway, you could still enrol to do A levels at a college or any other type of qualification.
(Original post by Emma:-))
You can start a course and It will be free if you are under 19.
How about an apprenticeship?
cheers for the suggestions guys I'm gonna have a look!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads