The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accounting Vs Economics at Nottingham

So I didn't do maths a level, and Nottingham is one of the only semi target unis for investment banking/management that offers an accounting degree and econ degree without maths (I also really like the campus anyway luckily haha).

My questions are, which degree would be better for investment management/banking, and which degree is more employable overall?
Reply 1
Econ
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I believe an Economics degree is worth more in the eyes of employers than Accounting but don't quote me on that.
Reply 3
Economics but I would advise doing pure economics rather than industrial economics. I didn’t do maths so I did industrial economics but I absolutely hate it, it’s basically all micro!!
Reply 4
Honestly it doesn’t matter what degree you choose. I wish someone told me this before uni. The best way to get into IB is to join societies such as nefs, investing, engage in networking events, apply for spring week early and do an extra curricular activity that you genuinely enjoy. I know a girl who studied management and is now working in IB. She was involved in the economics society and went to tonnes of events. Also, ask the older years for advise on interviews
thank you all so much: :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by econx97x
Honestly it doesn’t matter what degree you choose. I wish someone told me this before uni. The best way to get into IB is to join societies such as nefs, investing, engage in networking events, apply for spring week early and do an extra curricular activity that you genuinely enjoy. I know a girl who studied management and is now working in IB. She was in the economics society and went to tonnes of events. Also, ask the older years for advise on interviews

What degree did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending