The Student Room Group
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Birkbeck full time courses and student loan amounts

Hello,

I write with regards to the student loans pertaining to Birkbeck full time courses.

I wanted to know how many days per week do evening full-time classes take place (in standard, non covid times) and whether full time students srecieve the full student loan and maintainance loan (for living) to the same amount as for full-time BA courses at other universities London universities?

If there are any differences applied to student loan amounts due to how the course is differently scheduled time-wise as compared to other universities, please let me know.

Many thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

I write with regards to the student loans pertaining to Birkbeck full time courses.

I wanted to know how many days per week do evening full-time classes take place (in standard, non covid times) and whether full time students srecieve the full student loan and maintainance loan (for living) to the same amount as for full-time BA courses at other universities London universities?

If there are any differences applied to student loan amounts due to how the course is differently scheduled time-wise as compared to other universities, please let me know.

Many thanks

Hi

The number of days really does depend on the course and timetabling. In my first year, (law), I attended 4 days a week and managed to get this down to 3 in my second year by swapping a few classes whereas my friend (economics and social policy) was doing 3 days in first year and 2 days from second year.

Student finance is based on whether your course is full time or part time. Remember the course may only have 10 contact of class hours but 20 hours personal study. The course prospectus will tell you whether it is considered full time or part time and that’s what student finance will go by
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending