The Student Room Group

English gcse

Hi does anybody have any tips on how to improve my grade if ur aiming for high marks. I feel I'm putting my full effort with context structure etc but still not getting what I'm capable of
Any reply would be very appreciated 🥺😊
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Araiba786
Hi does anybody have any tips on how to improve my grade if ur aiming for a high marks. I feel I'm putting my full effort with context structure etc but still not getting what I'm capable of
Any reply would be very appreciated 🥺😊

not sure of this is for english lit/lang but definitely include close analysis and terminology. this will heighten your grade massively, and really make sure to develop your points.
do u have an example paragraph that I could read to give feedback ? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by holyguac
not sure of this is for english lit/lang but definitely include close analysis and terminology. this will heighten your grade massively, and really make sure to develop your points.
do u have an example paragraph that I could read to give feedback ? :smile:

20210120_102035.jpg tysm yes this is the starting part of the poetry anthology 30 mark question
it's very good but i don't think I can be as much help to u here as it is poetry and my class dropped poetry due to covid (we could drop one unit). so I am now doing macbeth, inspector calls and dr j and mr h. sorry !!
Reply 4
Original post by holyguac
it's very good but i don't think I can be as much help to u here as it is poetry and my class dropped poetry due to covid (we could drop one unit). so I am now doing macbeth, inspector calls and dr j and mr h. sorry !!

Oh its okay thank you I'm going to do macbeth soon but I haven't learnt it yet and I've done an inspector calls in year9
Search up 'Mr Bruff' and 'Mr Salle's English Teacher' on YouTube, they have very good videos on pretty much every component of the papers. Your work looks pretty but do you write out each individual letter out like that in exams? I can imagine that that would take up a lot of your time
Reply 6
Original post by LoveAmore
Search up 'Mr Bruff' and 'Mr Salle's English Teacher' on YouTube, they have very good videos on pretty much every component of the papers. Your work looks pretty but do you write out each individual letter out like that in exams? I can imagine that that would take up a lot of your time

Yes Thank you I watch Mr salles and Mr Bruff and have annotated the poems. They are so many good ideas to put in I guess that's why but I'll try
It starts off neat at the start of the exam 😂 for like 2 /3 lines and then it gets messy. I guess Lockdown just made me do it like that for once. 😬
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest