18th Birthdays Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rose64
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
:hello: What is everyone doing/did do for theirs? I'm wondering because mine is coming up soon (well, actually it's not until mid-March but I have to think about booking somewhere soon!) and I wanted some cool ideas! I'm thinking maybe hiring a room above a pub or a hall. What does everyone think?
G_S
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
IM NOT GONA CELEBRATE MY 18TH. I DONT LIKE GROWING. 18 IS OLD FOR ME. :mad:
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rose64)
:hello: What is everyone doing/did do for theirs? I'm wondering because mine is coming up soon (well, actually it's not until mid-March but I have to think about booking somewhere soon!) and I wanted some cool ideas! I'm thinking maybe hiring a room above a pub or a hall. What does everyone think?
I had a joint party with 2 friends who had 18th birthdays in the same week, we hired a social club, shared the cost and made it better than it would have been because we had 3 sets of friends there, made us look more popular and filled the hall more than just my friends would have!! We had a bar and hired a dj, it was great!!
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had a limo, went clubbing in London (tho I live here so I do that anyway), and my mates threw me a surprise party too.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I went to the pub with some friends and for my boyfs sisters 18th we're going for a meal. She doesnt want to do anything big.
britishseapower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
had a room booked out at a dancing club (not a strip bar or anything just a place where girls learn to dance but it had a bar)
Harv616
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Im not going to do anything for mine
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mine's in mid-March too.

The provisional plan is (depending on the weather) get shedloads of picnic food and go to a nice big park, like Hyde Park or Regents Park and just stay there for the day. Should be just a nice day.

Or maybe go on a cheap day trip to the beach somewhere.

I'd hope to get a family meal out of it too..
Baron
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
went out and had too much to drink :beer:

and was ill :puke:
Rose64
Rep:
?
Ooh thanks everyone, I've got some great ideas! Maybe I'll do a big combination of everything anyone else doing anything nice?
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I just went for a meal with t'family, then went for a huge piss up with my mates...

(p.s. The Mooney Suzuki are great! )
Rose64
Rep:
?
(Original post by Babyshambles)
(p.s. The Mooney Suzuki are great! )
Ooh you like them too! have you got their new album (my avatar)? It rocks, and so do you for liking them! I've seen them about 3 times, they're amazing live.
marychrist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't want a party- I only have a few friends and I'm hoping for a digital camera for my birthday, which is around £400, so I imagine if I asked for a party on top of that my parents would go mad.

my boyfriend will probably be around so it's quite possible on my actual birthday my parents will take us and my family out for a meal somewhere, and I'll arange to go out to a club in brighton or something with a few friends.

a couple of people I know have thrown parties though, both of which were fabulous. at the last one, he booked the most amazing cheesy dj who played the hokey cokey and agadoo and mcfly and busted and nsync! haha it was wonderful.
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ooh you like them too! have you got their new album (my avatar)? It rocks, and so do you for liking them! I've seen them about 3 times, they're amazing live.
Got the new album, I'm liking it alot, only seen them live once, they were supporting The Kings Of Leon at Islington Academy, they were great, lots of fun, put on a really good show...would definitely like to see them at one of their own gigs one day.
Rose64
Rep:
?
Yea, they're great as a support act but even better at their own gigs. Suppose they have more confidence knowing people are there to see them.
littleone
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
mines on the 16th of this month still not too sure what im upto..hoping my parents will give me money to pay for about 25 driving lessons
i dont ask for much do i?
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i was in kenya so spent it working at a school and then on the beach and then to a kenyan nightclub which was nuts
caffecooki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im havin a massive party with all my mates at a local hall
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My 18th was the first day we'd officially left school after our A-levels, so during the day I had a BBQ with my friends (in the pouring rain...typical :rolleyes: ) and then we went out in the evening and ended up in Brannigans...wwhich was an experience! I've not been back there since...
littleone
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
awwww!nothings completely in our control...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (985)
79.44%
Leave (255)
20.56%

Watched Threads