The Student Room Group

guys what u think of gcses 2021 mini exams and confusion over grades??

??????
Mini exams were a really good idea. Of course they were going to be nothing like exams, but of course they were going to help teachers give you the grade you deserve especially if you didn't get to do mocks or teacher had limited info.
Everyone **** on them though.
Reply 2
Original post by blmacablove
Mini exams were a really good idea. Of course they were going to be nothing like exams, but of course they were going to help teachers give you the grade you deserve especially if you didn't get to do mocks or teacher had limited info.
Everyone **** on them though.

yh truss me i did bad on my mocks before lockdown but but if i try my best now might get top grades yhhhyh mini exams are god thank god thats a thing goshhhh
I hope that mini exams won't happen, purely because your teachers know how you work on a regular basis so what would they change? If you work well all the time you should be given a good grade, all that exams and tests do is induce stress and unnecessary pressure when in the end one paper cannot determine years of learning. Besides, even with bad mock results if you show improvement through your work you will get better grades because it shows improvement
as they announced exams were cancelled earlier this year, i don't think it'll be as much of a mess compared to last year.
Reply 5
No personallyi think they should not happen and your teachers have known you an your work for a required amount of time for them to give you a grade, plus I feel like students should have the choice to do them or not individually if for example you're not happy with your mock grade as hey deserve a chance too ofc
Reply 6
is the mini exams still going on. Cause there was talk that it isn't going to happen

Quick Reply

Latest