Nathan Miller
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I’m taking an Edexcel A-level paper for economics. Does different Edexcel textbooks matter in which I use to revise. Can I essentially use any textbook to revise from as long as it’s Edexcel a-level.
Quadrinomial
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Nathan Miller)
I’m taking an Edexcel A-level paper for economics. Does different Edexcel textbooks matter in which I use to revise. Can I essentially use any textbook to revise from as long as it’s Edexcel a-level.
You can revise from any textbook but some will be better than others.

I would recommend taking a look at the specification for edexcel as it shows you exactly what you need to know for your exam so you can take specific information from the textbook you use: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...con_A_Spec.pdf
Nathan Miller
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Incede)
You can revise from any textbook but some will be better than others.

I would recommend taking a look at the specification for edexcel as it shows you exactly what you need to know for your exam so you can take specific information from the textbook you use: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/economics-a/2015/specification-and-sample-assessment-materials/A_Level_Econ_A_Spec.pdf
Not really sure what you mean, I have been given an Edexcel As/A-level Economics A book 1 by PETER SMITH. My teacher has also linked a book As/A-level by Alain Anderton (green book) which has slightly different titles and layout of information within it. I’m not sure what to use as each has slightly different variation of various things. Can someone help.
Quadrinomial
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Nathan Miller)
Not really sure what you mean, I have been given an Edexcel As/A-level Economics A book 1 by PETER SMITH. My teacher has also linked a book As/A-level by Alain Anderton (green book) which has slightly different titles and layout of information within it. I’m not sure what to use as each has slightly different variation of various things. Can someone help.
The link I posted earlier is the specification for edexcel economics, it tells you the stuff you need to know for the As/A-level.

Use the Peter Smith book, it's quite good. Make sure you look at the specification so the stuff you are learning is relevant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.69%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.81%
Revision guides (19)
5.04%
Past papers (172)
45.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.98%

Watched Threads