The Student Room Group

National Grid Assessment Centre (Graduate)

Has anyone ever attended, has insight or experience with National Grid's graduate assessment centre day? For a commercial/business/analyst related role as part of the day's activities, I am particularly unsure about how I can prepare for and approach the 10 minute presentation that is followed by a 10 minute Q
Original post by su.aa
Has anyone ever attended, has inHsight or experience with National Grid's graduate assessment centre day? For a commercial/business/analyst related role as part of the day's activities, I am particularly unsure about how I can prepare for and approach the 10 minute presentation that is followed by a 10 minute Q

Same, I have an assessment centre coming up too for their graduate scheme. How are your preparing for it?
Original post by starstudent7
Same, I have an assessment centre coming up too for their graduate scheme. How are your preparing for it?

Slightly unrelated question. Are they doing the assessment centre online or in person? I have applied for the advanced apprenticeship and still waiting for an answer.
Original post by NoEsInGeography
Slightly unrelated question. Are they doing the assessment centre online or in person? I have applied for the advanced apprenticeship and still waiting for an answer.

They are doing it online via MS Teams.
Original post by starstudent7
They are doing it online via MS Teams.

Thank you. Good luck with your assessment centre
Thank you. Good luck with your assessment centre

Thank you :smile:
Reply 6

Hey! I’ve my hirevue interview for a similar role. What questions do they ask? What should I expect? Tia
Original post by Zyronn
Hey! I’ve my hirevue interview for a similar role. What questions do they ask? What should I expect? Tia

I am doing the gas engineer role just so you know, but they asked me the following competency questions:
(1) name a time it was easier to ignore something but you didn’t (something like that).
(2) name a time you had to follow rules.
(3) describe a time you had to learn a new skill.
These could be different for you as we are applying for a different role. You get 3 minutes to answer them and you get 3 tries.
Hope this helps, if you need any other help feel free to ask.
Reply 8
Hi anyone kn
Reply 9
Hi I am currently applying for a national grid apprenticeship but stuck on writing my cv as I don’t have that much experience any advice ?
Hi, I am attending an assessment centre day with National Grid soon. Do you have any insight which may help me?
Reply 11
Original post by brendajane
Hi, I am attending an assessment centre day with National Grid soon. Do you have any insight which may help me?

For which position are you attending and when?
Original post by alagarj
For which position are you attending and when?

Quantity Surveying placement scheme. I will be attending one Tuesday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending