gband
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So basically now that we’re doing “mini exams” my sixform is making us do an exam every single week to get an average grade. I was originally prediticed a B in sociology but i needed an A for uni and was a few marks off in the mock so got it pushed to an A but now i’m so scared i won’t able to consistently get an A and won’t get into uni so pls help how do i get an A in sociology 🥲😞
samisikander
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Honestly, I understand how you feel. At the start of year 12 I was working at D’s, and was also predicted this. However, towards year 13 I changed this, and consistently achieved A/A*’s, being predicted an A in the end. I would say that my number one tip is to do essay plans, and learn them. Honestly, you might think that this is stupid but it helped me so much! I’d say that this gives you a feel of the exam, and allows you to understand the nature of the questions in more depth. Also, you should make sure you know specific sociologists/statistics for each A03/evaluation point you make. You should always be able to evidence your findings, or else it’s hard to get marks in the top bands. Another thing which i have started to do more is ensuring that I mention multiple sociological perspectives throughout my exam answers whether that be New Right, Functionalism, Marxism, Feminism or Postmodernism. In the mark schemes, it says that in order to fall in to the top bands, you should comfortably be able to mention multiple sociological perspectives. I hope this helped, and all the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.21%
No I am happy with my choice (85)
55.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.24%

Watched Threads