Want more information about this university?
lga361
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
what is the social scene like at lancaster uni? can you compare it with any other unis?
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lga361)
what is the social scene like at lancaster uni? can you compare it with any other unis?
My daughter studies there in 1st year, so shes at halls right now
She compared Lancaster to Leeds, York, Oxford and Leicester on open day.
Lancaster and York are on a par with each other. Both campus unis. Lancasters colleges all have a bar compared to Yorks, so you can do a bar crawl at 9 bars on site. Leeds would be the one if you want to go clubbing all the time. Leeds was a good uni, but wasnt for her as she didnt feel as safe there as the other unis. Leeds has 3 clubs on site, Lancasters clubs are in town. I would say if you want to go out clubbing once a week, and like the bar scene (as theres loads of bars), then Lancaster is for you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post93539656 This link has got some useful bits on there including night life.
Last edited by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂; 4 weeks ago
lga361
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭 𝔂)
My daughter studies there in 1st year, so shes at halls right now
She compared Lancaster to Leeds, York, Oxford and Leicester on open day.
Lancaster and York are on a par with each other. Both campus unis. Lancasters colleges all have a bar compared to Yorks, so you can do a bar crawl at 9 bars on site. Leeds would be the one if you want to go clubbing all the time. Leeds was a good uni, but wasnt for her as she didnt feel as safe there as the other unis. Leeds has 3 clubs on site, Lancasters clubs are in town. I would say if you want to go out clubbing once a week, and like the bar scene (as theres loads of bars), then Lancaster is for you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post93539656 This link has got some useful bits on there including night life.
thank you, this is super helpful!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (74)
11.82%
Virtual campus tours/open days (153)
24.44%
Live streaming events (51)
8.15%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (57)
9.11%
A uni comparison tool (146)
23.32%
An in-person event when available (145)
23.16%