Watch
HOrmsberg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi.

I have a few somewhat urgent questions.

- Can I accept Insurance lower than my firm?

- Can I ask to switch to my Insurance on results day? (assuming I made the grades for both my Firm and Insurance)

- And most urgently: UCAS adjustment says you can enter if you exceed your firm by one. What happens if I have exceeded my Firm, but not my Insurance?

Context: I have been rejected from my first choice, which is A*AA, but told I would be eligible and encouraged to apply in adjustment this year. The problem is, if I accept an offer from my second choice, which is also A*AA, I would need A*A*A, whereas with any of my other offers I would only need A*AA to match their entry requirements and enter adjustment. What I'm asking, is that, since UCAS only specify you must exceed your Firm to enter adjustment, and I achieve A*AA on results day with an ABB Firm and a A*AA Insurance, would I still qualify for adjustment?

By the way, though I understand and appreciate your advice on this, I don't want a lecture on the fact I'm not doing the right thing. I just want to know whether it is possible.

Thank you so much for reading, I do really appreciate it.
Many thanks, I hope to hear back from you.
- HO
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
These aren't urgent questions. The earliest deadline to pick a firm choice is in JUNE. That's nearly half a year away!

- Can I accept Insurance lower than my firm?
Yes but in most cases that's not a sensible idea especially if you except to exceed your firm choice conditions.

- Can I ask to switch to my Insurance on results day? (assuming I made the grades for both my Firm and Insurance)
No. You can place yourself in clearing and apply back to your insurance but there's no guarantee that your insurance would hold your place for you.
You can swap firm and insurance choices over up until around the 20 July with the agreement of both universities.

- And most urgently: UCAS adjustment says you can enter if you exceed your firm by one. What happens if I have exceeded my Firm, but not my Insurance?

Eligibility for adjustment is based on your results meeting and exceeding your firm offer. Your insurance offer is irrelevant.

You need to decide what is your priority - the chance of a place in adjustment or picking the firm choice from the offers you have that is your favourite.

Take the time between now and June to think about that. And remember that you can always opt to withdraw and reapply (to the same or different universities) during a gap year if you do as well as you hope in your A levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (29)
5.36%
Uncertainty around my education (62)
11.46%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (65)
12.01%
Lack of purpose or motivation (71)
13.12%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (29)
5.36%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (25)
4.62%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (57)
10.54%
Financial worries (34)
6.28%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.7%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.28%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.77%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (55)
10.17%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (45)
8.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed