The Student Room Group

Dad caught me

I was happily going about my business. Usually I hear him come up the stairs but for whatever reason he decided to sneak up.
He always knocks the door once and doesn’t wait for me to say to come in, he always just barges the door open.
This is the first time (and hopefully last time) I’ve been walked in on while doing the deed, but even when I’d just be doing my college work with my door closed or something, my dad always knocks once and just walks in- he never gives me the chance to say to come in. I’ve spoken to my mother about that before and she just laughed.

Today when he walked in on me doing it he came in to tell me about Lingard going to West Ham- information I knew AND HAD TOLD HIM ABOUT last night. While he was telling me about it I was awkwardly sat with my trousers around my ankles hunched over so he couldn’t see anything, after he finished speaking about bloody Lingard he said “that was a shock”, and “I wasn’t expecting that” as he walked out the room. I was absolutely mortified and speechless at what had happened, he didn’t even close the door on the way out - but obviously the time had passed for me to even think about continuing.
After he had gone back downstairs I had not long gone down to get a drink, and he just said “I didn’t see anything” but I think we can all obviously tell that he did.

I’ve never felt so embarrassed in my life.
He probably felt embarrassed too, and I’m not blaming him for anything because it’s stupid for me to try and have a risky w***, it’s not his fault at all- it’s as much his fault as it is mine. Then again, he walked in on me after knocking only once (mind you the knock was very light, the only thing that made me hear him come in was the door brushing along the carpet as it opened) and instead of walking straight out after realising, he just bloody stood there to tell me information I already knew and didn’t care about while I sat there awkwardly.

Guess what I’m saying is, does anyone have any advice on what to do in this situation? Where do I go from here? What should I do or say?

Also, has anyone else had this or a similar problem before? How did you deal with it?
Original post by Anonymous
I was happily going about my business. Usually I hear him come up the stairs but for whatever reason he decided to sneak up.
He always knocks the door once and doesn’t wait for me to say to come in, he always just barges the door open.
This is the first time (and hopefully last time) I’ve been walked in on while doing the deed, but even when I’d just be doing my college work with my door closed or something, my dad always knocks once and just walks in- he never gives me the chance to say to come in. I’ve spoken to my mother about that before and she just laughed.

Today when he walked in on me doing it he came in to tell me about Lingard going to West Ham- information I knew AND HAD TOLD HIM ABOUT last night. While he was telling me about it I was awkwardly sat with my trousers around my ankles hunched over so he couldn’t see anything, after he finished speaking about bloody Lingard he said “that was a shock”, and “I wasn’t expecting that” as he walked out the room. I was absolutely mortified and speechless at what had happened, he didn’t even close the door on the way out - but obviously the time had passed for me to even think about continuing.
After he had gone back downstairs I had not long gone down to get a drink, and he just said “I didn’t see anything” but I think we can all obviously tell that he did.

He probably felt embarrassed too, and I’m not blaming him for anything because it’s stupid for me to try and have a risky w***, it’s not his fault at all- it’s as much his fault as it is mine. Then again, he walked in on me after knocking only once (mind you the knock was very light, the only thing that made me hear him come in was the door brushing along the carpet as it opened) and instead of walking straight out after realising, he just bloody stood there to tell me information I already knew and didn’t care about while I sat there awkwardly.

Guess what I’m saying is, does anyone have any advice on what to do in this situation? Where do I go from here? What should I do or say?

Also, has anyone else had this or a similar problem before? How did you deal with it?

Oh wow :/ sorry to hear about this awkward experience.

I mean you're a dude and he's a dude so it is WAY LESS embarrassing than having your mum walk in :0. He probably can relate cuz he's a dude and must have done that so many times in his room - who knows, maybe one of his family members have also walked in on him when he was a teen?

Well he was probably just not phased at all, if he was still standing there at the door - otherwise he woulda screamed and ran out of there!

The best thing to do is talk it out - otherwise you'll never clear the air. Tell him you appreciate the talks about football but could he continue knocking or perhaps just not coming into your room at a "certain time". If you and your parents have a chill relationship already i.e. you guys talk, have fun and are comfortable then there's no issue to just talk about your feelings openly. If your family were horrible to you and were uncomfortable to be around then I'd totally get it.

Good luck!

MY STORY:
I'm a girl and when i moved back home to be with the fam for covid last year, my dad was unpacking my suitcase as I was settling back into my bedroom. And he found a bag inside my spa set with a vibrator in it! Luckily I diverted his attention by throwing a tantrum about how messy my room is and how nobody cleaned it before my return - I snatched the bag as I was screaming/shouting, acting like a little kid :P :P That bag is now in a great hiding place - 1 year living here and nobody has found it!
Reply 2
Original post by 21ForEva
Oh wow :/ sorry to hear about this awkward experience.

I mean you're a dude and he's a dude so it is WAY LESS embarrassing than having your mum walk in :0. He probably can relate cuz he's a dude and must have done that so many times in his room - who knows, maybe one of his family members have also walked in on him when he was a teen?

Well he was probably just not phased at all, if he was still standing there at the door - otherwise he woulda screamed and ran out of there!

The best thing to do is talk it out - otherwise you'll never clear the air. Tell him you appreciate the talks about football but could he continue knocking or perhaps just not coming into your room at a "certain time". If you and your parents have a chill relationship already i.e. you guys talk, have fun and are comfortable then there's no issue to just talk about your feelings openly. If your family were horrible to you and were uncomfortable to be around then I'd totally get it.

Good luck!

MY STORY:
I'm a girl and when i moved back home to be with the fam for covid last year, my dad was unpacking my suitcase as I was settling back into my bedroom. And he found a bag inside my spa set with a vibrator in it! Luckily I diverted his attention by throwing a tantrum about how messy my room is and how nobody cleaned it before my return - I snatched the bag as I was screaming/shouting, acting like a little kid :P :P That bag is now in a great hiding place - 1 year living here and nobody has found it!

Thank you very much for your response!! I really appreciate your help!
Every point you make is very true and I do completely agree! It baffles me how he wasn’t unfazed by it as he just stood there continuing to talk but oh well I guess it’s in the past!
I think I’ll try and talk to him about it at some point, me and my parents relationship is quite chill so I might be able to talk to him about it kinda easily once I’ve started the conversation.

Oh my god thank god your dad didn’t discover the vibrator then and that’s great you’ve found a hiding spot for it!! Maybe I should have started screaming and throwing a tantrum when my dad walked in earlier hahaha!
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you very much for your response!! I really appreciate your help!
Every point you make is very true and I do completely agree! It baffles me how he wasn’t unfazed by it as he just stood there continuing to talk but oh well I guess it’s in the past!
I think I’ll try and talk to him about it at some point, me and my parents relationship is quite chill so I might be able to talk to him about it kinda easily once I’ve started the conversation.

Oh my god thank god your dad didn’t discover the vibrator then and that’s great you’ve found a hiding spot for it!! Maybe I should have started screaming and throwing a tantrum when my dad walked in earlier hahaha!

No worries :smile: I'm glad it helped you.

Lol it's something my mum would probably do too if she caught me using the vib :0 .... I would probably start yelling at her to get out, go downstairs and hash out some rules about barging into my room and then hug it out over ice cream :P

Also I know some urges are more intense for some people but if you're scared it'll happen again even after hashing rules out with your parents, maybe just stick to when everyone's gone to sleep. Everyone goes sleep around 10:30 but I can handle staying up till midnight at least to relieve myself haha.

Yeah a chill relationship always help so you're in luck!

Lol if my dad found it, it would never be discussed - he'd probably talk to my mum, who would talk to me and then it will be a forgotten memory hehe.
Reply 4
What is there to talk about with him?
You shouldnt do or say anything. Pretend it never happened and move on.
Hey
Couple of things.
Tell your dad to knock on your door as you could be getting changed.
Do what you need to do in a bathroom or when everyone is asleep, out.
Alternatively put a chain or bolt on your door, chain just has a couple of screws.
HTH
I agree with the replies here. But just to emphasise: your dad shouldn’t be entering tv your room so quickly. You should be able to have your own privacy at your age. We have three teenage children. We are all naturists. The kids, like us, are comfortable being nude in front of anyone. But their mum and I wouldn’t dream of just entering their bedroom - that is their private space.
I agree about knocking on doors, however some things should be behind locked doors.
Original post by anonymous
i was happily going about my business. Usually i hear him come up the stairs but for whatever reason he decided to sneak up.
This is the first time (and hopefully last time) i’ve been walked in on while doing the deed, but even when i’d just be doing my college work with my door closed or something, my dad always knocks once and just walks in- he never gives me the chance to say to come in. I’ve spoken to my mother about that before and she just laughed.

Today when he walked in on me doing it he came in to tell me about lingard going to west ham- information i knew and had told him about last night. While he was telling me about it i was awkwardly sat with my trousers around my ankles hunched over so he couldn’t see anything, after he finished speaking about bloody lingard he said “that was a shock”, and “i wasn’t expecting that” as he walked out the room. I was absolutely mortified and speechless at what had happened, he didn’t even close the door on the way out - but obviously the time had passed for me to even think about continuing.
After he had gone back downstairs i had not long gone down to get a drink, and he just said “i didn’t see anything” but i think we can all obviously tell that he did.

He probably felt embarrassed too, and i’m not blaming him for anything because it’s stupid for me to try and have a risky w***, it’s not his fault at all- it’s as much his fault as it is mine. Then again, he walked in on me after knocking only once (mind you the knock was very light, the only thing that made me hear him come in was the door brushing along the carpet as it opened) and instead of walking straight out after realising, he just bloody stood there to tell me information i already knew and didn’t care about while i sat there awkwardly.

Guess what i’m saying is, does anyone have any advice on what to do in this situation? Where do i go from here? What should i do or say?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha66.png
My aunt walked in on me as I was just out of the shower waiting for her to bring me a towel. I figured she would knock and put her arm only with the towel thru the door. But no. She barged right in with a smile closed the door behind her, and stared at me. I got an erection as I've had a fantasy about kissing my mom's sister for awhile. I walked up to her and put her right hand around my hard on and I started to feel her crotch over her jeans and I kissed her. I said if you're going to look at my naked body, I get to feel your body. I continued to rub her crotch and she squeezed me !
This is a turn on because of what you did, not so much that she was your aunt.

Quick Reply

Latest