Jenniferroset
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,
I have a major issue I desperately need help with. Am I allowed to use my personal statement from UCAS for other UK personal statements? I'm applying to them directly so as to give myself more options. Thanks!!
Jenniferroset
Rep:
?
Just to be clear, I wrote the personal statement myself and am applying to UCAS and the other UK universities in the same cycle... just wanted to check because I read up that it's okay but someone told me it isn't and I'm just quite confused.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Usually applications are done through UCAS so this is an unusual question, but as long as you haven't posted it anywhere public I can't see a problem with it
Jenniferroset
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
Usually applications are done through UCAS so this is an unusual question, but as long as you haven't posted it anywhere public I can't see a problem with it
Great! thank you
University of South Wales
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jenniferroset)
Hi,
I have a major issue I desperately need help with. Am I allowed to use my personal statement from UCAS for other UK personal statements? I'm applying to them directly so as to give myself more options. Thanks!!
Hi Jenniferroset are you applying through UCAS and directly for the same year of entry. I cannot speak for all universities but at USW we would a UCAS or direct application, we wouldn't consider both. If an applicant submits an application via UCAS and also applies directly, one of those applications is usually withdrawn. It's always worth checking with the universities you are applying to for clarification around what their process is. Thanks Carrie
Jenniferroset
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of South Wales)
Hi Jenniferroset are you applying through UCAS and directly for the same year of entry. I cannot speak for all universities but at USW we would a UCAS or direct application, we wouldn't consider both. If an applicant submits an application via UCAS and also applies directly, one of those applications is usually withdrawn. It's always worth checking with the universities you are applying to for clarification around what their process is. Thanks Carrie
Hi- no I’m not. I’m applying to 5 universities through UCAS and different ones directly.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jenniferroset)
Hi- no I’m not. I’m applying to 5 universities through UCAS and different ones directly.
If you've got an application through UCAS then universities are in breach of their UCAS contract if they accept applications from you directly (unless you're applying for a non-degree or part time course)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (31)
37.35%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
10.84%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
4.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (23)
27.71%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (10)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (6)
7.23%

Watched Threads