The Student Room Group

Uni 2021/2022

Hi I’m currently doing a gap year having deferred from York Uni for a year because of covid, plus it’s been nice having a break from studies. I’m planning to start this September (2021) but I really don’t want to go to uni if it is all online and there are still restrictions. I just feel that uni is such a short time in your life and I want to be able to do as much as I can, and be able to do a year abroad without restrictions too.

Just wondering if anyone is in the same position? Considering doing two gap years? Going to York This September? Any advice is appreciated
Thanks
I'm in that situation too. I took a gap year because of the pandemic and I'm scared that Covid will ruin the year just like for all of my friends that decided not to opt out. I guess we can only hope the vaccines are effective and hopefully by sept most restrictions are uplifted.
Reply 2
Original post by Smokestar
I'm in that situation too. I took a gap year because of the pandemic and I'm scared that Covid will ruin the year just like for all of my friends that decided not to opt out. I guess we can only hope the vaccines are effective and hopefully by sept most restrictions are uplifted.

Thanks for replying:smile: do you think you’ll definitely go in September? Doing this gap year was the best decision I’ve made, I never really considered doing two but it’s the online learning that I’m really put off by
Original post by daisy1975
Thanks for replying:smile: do you think you’ll definitely go in September? Doing this gap year was the best decision I’ve made, I never really considered doing two but it’s the online learning that I’m really put off by

I agree. The gap year was a very smart move. Online learning is a B***h as I've heard from my mates.
Although I think I may have to go this September ( I think 2 years of no education will make it harder for me when I go uni as I have to do lots of maths and physics work which would require constant practice). I'm hoping that most restrictions are uplifted by then (I'm sure masks will still be a thing) because of the vaccine. I also think if the government doesn't get those vulnerable by summer the vaccine covid 19 it will defiantly affect this whole year. My suspension is that most people are only compliant because its getting colder (most people are happy to stay indoors) however once its summer people will ignore any rules or guidelines given by the government. The government seem to be making restrictions based on death rates not the amount of cases. If we can protect those vulnerable then hopefully (fingers crossed) things get back to normal.

Quick Reply

Latest