avelynn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i am not good at school and i have not sat my exams yet as i am 14 i need to get a really high paying job like REALLY high paying because thats what is exacted of me im not even joking i think i need to get higher than a doctors salary my family is all extremly academic and i am not, in any shape way or form my subjects are dramacomputing sciencehft (health and food technology)biologyhistory math english international bachgoloriate?i dont take a langues im dyslexic but i am not sure what jobs i can get with those subjects i have searched online many times and i cant find anything can anyone tell me what i can get with those and can i get a good salary its a bit late in the year but if theres nothing i can ask to change hft to phyisics if thats a good choice and will get me somewhere i can do it or i can switch it was chemistry
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by avelynn)
i am not good at school and i have not sat my exams yet as i am 14 i need to get a really high paying job like REALLY high paying because thats what is exacted of me im not even joking i think i need to get higher than a doctors salary my family is all extremly academic and i am not, in any shape way or form my subjects are dramacomputing sciencehft (health and food technology)biologyhistory math english international bachgoloriate?i dont take a langues im dyslexic but i am not sure what jobs i can get with those subjects i have searched online many times and i cant find anything can anyone tell me what i can get with those and can i get a good salary its a bit late in the year but if theres nothing i can ask to change hft to phyisics if thats a good choice and will get me somewhere i can do it or i can switch it was chemistry
You have a variety of subjects so I think you'll be absolutely fine. I know it can be tricky when you have pressure from your family, but really try to focus on what you want and the job you want to do. It is your life and therefore your happiness. As morbid as it is, one day your family will likely die before you. If you do a job they want you to do, then you'll be left living a miserable life in a job you potentially resent because of them. It isn't their life to control. If you enjoy a more non-academic subject compared to a super academic one then pursue that. Happiness is more important than money. You can't buy happiness.
star_56137
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You don't need to get an academic job just because everyone else in your family does.. and as for your options, they really don't matter too much. They seem like a good range of subjects and from those you could probably do most things. In regards to your dyslexia, my elder sister too is dyslexic. She managed to get the 5 C's she needed to enrol onto a vocational course in hospitality and catering, has done very well in competitions (she even had the chance to compete at an international level!!) and now is beginning to set up her own business and already has a few customers. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that academics isn't for everyone, and it's not the only way to get a good job. Look at how rich Richard Branson is- and he's dyslexic! As long as you have interests, follow them and you never know where they could take you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (25)
13.51%
Virtual campus tours/open days (42)
22.7%
Live streaming events (17)
9.19%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (18)
9.73%
A uni comparison tool (41)
22.16%
An in-person event when available (42)
22.7%