Can They Do This Watch

This discussion is closed.
JamieBecks23
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i work mon-fri 10-6 in this warehouse, have done for months and i want to go part time cos i got other stuff im doing. i asked if i could do 10-2 instead. he said no. ive been told by people that they can refuse to give you more hours but cant refuse to give you less if u request it.
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JamieBecks23)
i work mon-fri 10-6 in this warehouse, have done for months and i want to go part time cos i got other stuff im doing. i asked if i could do 10-2 instead. he said no. ive been told by people that they can refuse to give you more hours but cant refuse to give you less if u request it.
I would have said that is not true.

Otherwise you could ask to work 2 hours a day and only on days of the week beginning with "T".
ReJ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't think theres any specific rules.... just depends if your boss wants to be an ass or not.

I'd say 10 to 2, or nothing.... he'll accept!
JamieBecks23
nothing to do with days, just the hours a day
JamieBecks23
yeah, ma mate sed it too, u can put ur hours down but not up, wat shud i do
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do you have a contract that says you must do a minimum number of hours per week?
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
they're under no obligation to give you less hours than otherwise stated in your contract.
baker_dan
Report 14 years ago
Where I worked I constantly asked for less hours, they said they'd give me less...then didn't...so I quit!!!

Now I have no money...so maybe thats not such a good plan...?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.44%
No I don't (549)
48.5%

Watched Threads