A level Psychology helppp please

Watch this thread
zarahh09
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
We have to use the attached picture and turn it into a PEE paragraph. I have done it but not sure if it is exactly PEE paragraph. Can someone please check and help me correct it, please.

I find it difficult not to copy it.

My version: In addition, there is an issue with asocial stage. Schaffer and Emerson describe the first couple weeks of life as asocial stage. Babies that are still young, have bad interaction with people and therefore it is difficult to make any conclusions based on their behaviours. For this reason, this stage is not reliable, which makes it a weakness of stages of attachment.
Attached files
Last edited by zarahh09; 1 year ago
SupposedlyIronic
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I can't see the attachment, but I can see your paragraph obviously and I know what you're talking about as attachment is one of my favourite topics.

I think PEEL is the best way to go for psychology, and it seems to be what you're attempting to use anyway. You have the point, explanation, and link, but I'm not sure about evidence. Maybe mentioning Schaffer and Emerson is enough, but I tend to write a bit more than this I think. Perhaps you could mention the 'frozen face' study?

Also, I'm not sure about the style of your paragraph. I don't think you'll lose marks, but I always think a well-written answer is more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty sure it should be "the asocial stage", and there's no need for a comma after "babies that are still young". In addition, the link at the end could probably be stronger, but that's just me. It seems to fall a bit flat and become slightly generic.
zarahh09
Rep:
(Original post by ashtolga23)
I can't see the attachment, but I can see your paragraph obviously and I know what you're talking about as attachment is one of my favourite topics.

I think PEEL is the best way to go for psychology, and it seems to be what you're attempting to use anyway. You have the point, explanation, and link, but I'm not sure about evidence. Maybe mentioning Schaffer and Emerson is enough, but I tend to write a bit more than this I think. Perhaps you could mention the 'frozen face' study?

Also, I'm not sure about the style of your paragraph. I don't think you'll lose marks, but I always think a well-written answer is more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty sure it should be "the asocial stage", and there's no need for a comma after "babies that are still young". In addition, the link at the end could probably be stronger, but that's just me. It seems to fall a bit flat and become slightly generic.
I attached the file
Attached files
SupposedlyIronic
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zarahh09)
I attached the file
Thank you. I get what you're saying about not just copying, but I feel your answer perhaps isn't that detailed in comparison. Up to you though, I wouldn't say it's a bad answer.
zarahh09
Rep:
(Original post by ashtolga23)
Thank you. I get what you're saying about not just copying, but I feel your answer perhaps isn't that detailed in comparison. Up to you though, I wouldn't say it's a bad answer.
okay tysmm
SupposedlyIronic
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zarahh09)
okay tysmm
No worries!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (67)
65.69%
No (26)
25.49%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.82%

Watched Threads